Acristickid

Acristickid

What is the typical mortality rate?

Is it very detrimental?

What are other alternatives?

What is the typical mortality rate?

Is it very detrimental?

What are other alternatives?

I think it’s advertised as very low mortality, and very safe. Not sure I’ve actually seen that validated anywhere, but, FWIW. Probably the conditions it’s done in matters more than the actual electrofishing.

Alternatives? I’ve heard spincasting for Trout is almost as good as electrofishing?

The surveys I’ve participated in were eye-opening. Didn’t see much impact on the larger trout but many smaller trout and secondary species were lost. Just my observations, no scientific basis. Not sure of the relationship of “voltage” used versus effectiveness and/or mortality.

Thanks for the info.

I got the gist of the articles- it depends. Hah, same answer from UT fish and WA fish.

Question- I apologize if this was somewhere in the literature, after 10 or 15 minutes of reading that science stuff , my eyes start to glaze over my ADD has me looking out the window.

Does the limestone water increase the conductivity ?

Thanks for the info.

I got the gist of the articles- it depends. Hah, same answer from UT fish and WA fish.

Question- I apologize if this was somewhere in the literature, after 10 or 15 minutes of reading that science stuff , my eyes start to glaze over my ADD has me looking out the window.

Does the limestone water increase the conductivity ?
Yes, with no influence from anything other than natural geology, limestone waters have much higher conductivity than freestone waters, allowing crews, when having both types of equipment, to most effectively use DC electricity rather than the more potentially damaging AC. AC has in the past been preferable in low conductivity water because of its larger electrical field and greater effectiveness in that situation.

Back