Edit?

MattBoyer

MattBoyer

I thought you used to be able to edit for quite some time after the initial post, but for some reason, I couldn't even edit an hour old post today. Is it a setting change or am I really that dumb?

Boyer

Matt,

The setting is at 60 minutes.

Yeah, used this post to gauge how long it would last. That's what I came up with. :) Thanks Mo!

Boyer

Be vain, like me, and always re-read your post immediately to find all your typos and whatnot. If not, you must forever suffer the ignomy or fame of your postings. Of course, the moderators have the privilege of a longer (unlimited) editing period, but I NEVER abuse the privilege. :cool:

JackM wrote:
Be vain, like me, and always re-read your post immediately to find all your typos and whatnot. If not, you must forever suffer the ignomy or fame of your postings. Of course, the moderators have the privilege of a longer (unlimited) editing period, but I NEVER abuse the privilege. :cool:

Haha Jack, as I read the first sentence, I was thinking the third sentence. :)

Boyer

any chance of turning the editing feature back on for the classified section?

it would be nice for...

- adding "sold" to the original post
- price changes
- when posting multiple items... marking the sold items as such

Of course, the moderators have the privilege of a longer (unlimited) editing period.

You could make anyone say anything you want them to. Oh, the possibilities...

pcray1231 wrote:
You could make anyone say anything you want them to. Oh, the possibilities...
This happens in other forums.

Ramcatt wrote:
any chance of turning the editing feature back on for the classified section?

it would be nice for...

- adding "sold" to the original post
- price changes
- when posting multiple items... marking the sold items as such

this would be a nice feature. I would like to mark some items as sold but don't want to "bump" them to the top of the list over someone else's item that is still for sale.

From a mods perspective......I kinda like the final post saying sold so I can hover over the topic...if it says sold I can delete the topic. This way I don;t have to read them all.

I see the value Ramcatt suggests. But for me I like it the way it is.

Agree with you guys on this functionality. It looks like I cannot make that change at this time.

Back