Edison Fly Show

Look for me Les!

I go cause it's something to do and cheaper than seeing a movie. Plus I'm a gear nerd and like to hear some of the talks. Usually end up with a dozen flies and downing a few beers.

Will be there early Sunday.

I used to go to the “Outdoors Show” somewhere north of Philadelphia. Fort Washington I believe?

I'm not sure if it's the same show but a reasonable facsimile was held at the Fort Washington Expo Center until that facility closed. For the last X-number of years it's at Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks.

The funny thing is the Main Line Fly-Tyers are at this show every year and it is as non-fly fishing as it gets.

I'm not sure if it's the same show but a reasonable facsimile was held at the Fort Washington Expo Center until that facility closed. For the last X-number of years it's at Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks.

The funny thing is the Main Line Fly-Tyers are at this show every year and it is as non-fly fishing as it gets.
I've found the show at Phila. Expo Center has been a waste of my time in the past. Won't return there but I enjoy browsing NJ show as it's a good reason to get out of house.

Really enjoyed the show today. Didn’t find Salmo and the golden doodle, but did find some tying materials. Saw a few new materials or items that really showed the creativity of the community.

Enjoy everyone who is going on Saturday or Sunday!

My buddy, dog and I hit the show Friday. We enjoyed ourselves, the hot dog (don’t tell my cardiologist) the Cape May IPA and the booths. Saw some media people including Tom Rosenbauer and Old Lefty (Dave Rothrock). We spent more than I prepared to but we always do.
I can’t help but notice how many older white guys were there. I would have loved to see more people under 40 there not in the exhibitors booths.

My buddy, dog and I hit the show Friday. We enjoyed ourselves, the hot dog (don’t tell my cardiologist) the Cape May IPA and the booths. Saw some media people including Tom Rosenbauer and Old Lefty (Dave Rothrock). We spent more than I prepared to but we always do.
I can’t help but notice how many older white guys were there. I would have loved to see more people under 40 there not in the exhibitors booths.
Friday is for old retired guys…like us!

Yep. I didn’t think about that.

I really wanted to go....I haven't been to one since Somerset in the mid 90's. All my fishing buddies flaked out on me for Saturday and that took the wind out of my sails for making the 2.5hr combat drive across I-78. I just don't have as much fun at stuff like that by myself...... Kinda kicking myself for not going now. It's a long winter.
Would have liked to say hello to Mr. Rothrock. Haven't seen him since a quick fishing trip to Penns Creek darn near 30 years ago but he'd recognize every nymph pattern in my box.
There's no shame in my game. ;)

Drive into NJ next year and I’ll take you the rest of the way. I’m just off of 78 at exit 12. Attending with friends does make it more enjoyable!

Drive into NJ next year and I’ll take you the rest of the way. I’m just off of 78 at exit 12. Attending with friends does make it more enjoyable!
Don't think I won't remember this.
Thanks for the offer! 👍

Back