Edison Fly Show

JimNovo

JimNovo

Anybody going next week?
I’d love to meet any PAFF members.

I will be there Sat. I will.wear a name tag with my name. Say hi if you see me.

I will be there.

Should be a fun time as always

Attachments

• IMG_6530.jpeg
    IMG_6530.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Yes, there is a snack bar with beer. Prices were ok...4 or 5 bucks for a good sized Yuengling draft beer as I recall
Hopefully the mugs are this big

Attachments

• IMG_6537.jpeg
    IMG_6537.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 21
I will be there Friday. Look for the guy with the medium sized white Goldendoodle and say "hi Andy" to he guy holding he leash!

Attachments

• IMG_8961.jpg
    IMG_8961.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Unless you're in the market for a new rod or looking to book a trip to a lodge that show is a joke anymore. last year I could count on 1 hand the amount of booths with tying supplies and they just had basic stuff I could buy at my local fly shop.

Unless you're in the market for a new rod or looking to book a trip to a lodge that show is a joke anymore. last year I could count on 1 hand the amount of booths with tying supplies and they just had basic stuff I could buy at my local fly shop.
I agree, it's not like it was back in the 80's when it was in Suffern. You could actually get some bargains that made it worth going. The night before you could "shop" the hotel where the small fly shop and collectable vendors stayed and score some sweet deals on unique items and materials before the show.
I'll be there Friday anyway just to see old friends and bs...

I agree, it's not like it was back in the 80's when it was in Suffern...

The 1980's Suffern show was the bomb...

It was a BIG space and all the manufacturers were well represented in the days when companies like Orvis, H.L. Leonard and Thomas & Thomas were the pinnacle.

The only show I go to these days is the Philadelphia Fishing Show at the Expo Center in Oaks for a few laughs and a few beers because it's closer to home with almost zero traffic hassles for me. We start the day with breakfast at a restaurant in Phoenixville that is BYOB. (how cool is THAT) and it all goes downhill from there... :)

I go for the SHOW, not the stuff plus there is no or almost no fly fishing gear to tempt me or attract the fishing shirt crowd. ;) However, there IS a PFBC booth, overpriced beef jerky and other carnival-like stuff galore like a pay-fishing pond (where I have NEVER seen a fish caught).

The highlight of the day for me is having a few beers while watching some doofus with a headset standing above a giant tank throwing lures to his pet fish. It's also a highlight because it's not some pay "seminar," there are chairs there to take a load off and the beer concession is 12 steps away. 🍺

On a great weather day, we'll arrive and leave early and hit Valley for a few hours. On a not-so-great weather day we go to the Pinball Galley in Great Valley and play pinball for a couple of hours.

It's a fun way to kill a day which I guess is the same deal with Edison or Lancaster but I'm not doing either of those drives just to drink and laugh at experts...

I used to go to the “Outdoors Show” somewhere north of Philadelphia. Fort Washington I believe?

For me the “Show” is good because I live in a fly shop desert here in South Jersey. I hate paying shipping charges. Also I mark it as a harbinger of spring. Two weeks later the pitchers and catchers report.

Going to see some old friends.. drink some beers and attend some talks… have too much equipment so purchases will be limited

Gotta feed my fly tying stuff addiction.

Friday for me. Looking forward to seeing friends. Hope to get insight on the nano/graphene whatever new tech. It'll be interesting to see if St. Croix makes its reintroduction into fly rods. Though Orvis corp isn't likely to be there, maybe someone will have the new Helios4.

Back