Edison Fly Fishing Show - January 25. 26, and 27

T

tctrout

Hi all, and I'm guessing many will be at the Edison Fly Fishing Show. Last year was the first in its new location, and I know this one will be even better as everyone gets used to the venue.

I'm also honored to announce that I'm teaching a couple fly tying classes there, and hope to run into many of you at the show.

I made a video talking about some of the celebrities and other things going on, then discuss my classes in detail.

Tim

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEOBrkHospo[/youtube]

I look forward to seeing you there. I'm planing on being there Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

Dave

I'll be there as well, tying in the Flystone's Booth. Stop by!

Please stop by and check out our booth for Muskies Inc. Penn-Jersey Chapter #50 . Any of you guys who have been toying with the idea of getting into the musky game should talk to us about our Fly Fishing Musky School we run every year. We will have other games of chance in which you can win tickets for chances to win FF gear, guided trips, handling tools, etc.. We are a non-profit organization and all money raised goes toward the purchase and stocking of muskies.

me and buddy will be there on Saturday, will stop by the booths mentioned above.

Likewise, Dave! I'm there on Saturday and Sunday...

lestrout,

I'm planning on heading down early saturday and making a day of it. I'm in Broomall. If you want to meet up and carpool down i'm game. shoot me a PM and we can go from there if you're interested.

-Keith-

Might briefly come to do a quick walk-through tomorrow and listen in to a seminar and two..honestly wanted to avoid it completely because I know I'll end up spending too much money...

I didn't make the show this year.

This is the second year the show was at the new venue.

Are there any reports or comments about the show by those that attended?

I went friday the 25th, show is huge and the new location is nice enough. I feel like I still prefer the Lancaster show. Seems like the smaller shows have way less people and better deals with the fly shop closeouts. I will be attending the split rock on Mar. 1st and the Lancaster on Mar. 9th if anyone is interested in having some beers

The show seemed well put together with a decent turn out. I was there most of the day saturday. This was my first Fly fishing Show so the closest comparison i have to it is the Great American Outdoor Show. It was nice to see an event exclusively devoted to fly fishing. It was a great opportunity to really talk to different vendors for a variety of rods and products. I got to see demonstrations and hear detailed experiences about different features of fly fishing that i don't get around here. I saw tenkara rods being demonstrated and talked to a bamboo rod maker about what makes bamboo rods different from regular rods.

There were a lot of different tiers there and I really enjoyed the chance to stop at each table and hear about the different style flies and how they were being tied. There were several salt water fly tiers which was interesting to see. I also had a great example on comparadun flies from one of the tables as well as watched some very professional deer hair spinning at another table.

The speakers and fly tying demos i caught were informative and interesting. With the plethora of you tube videos i wondered how this would compare, but watching someone tie in person was definitely a worthwhile experience.

I saw some decent deals on a variety of odds an end products if you were willing to shop around the different booths. Nothing that was a must have deal but everyone seemed to find a few things they had to take home ;) I did end up purchasing an 8 weight rod, but i intended to come home with one so it wasn't because i found an amazing bargain. Although if you were willing to pick up a used rod there were some great deals at some of the outfitters. I spent a little more on a new rod because i didn't want a 2 piece rod.

Overall, i liked the venue and the setup. parking was a breeze with the free shuttle service. there were plenty of different and interesting tables full of knowledgeable people. the casting ponds had frequent demonstrations happening. there was even a casting technique class in the back of the hall which i didn't have time to stop in for.

My only regret was not being able to see TC's seminars or presentations since my visit was cut a little short due to sick kids at home. I thought it was worth the trip.

Back