Edge En.V

phiendWMD

phiendWMD

Has anyone seen this rod or heard about it? Supposedly its made from linen fibers. I only know what the link I'll include below says, so I won't type out a bunch of stuff you'll just there again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58394716/edge-rods-env-linen-rods-by-gary-loomis

salvelinus wrote:
All I know is Loomis is a ledgend. Kuddos to him. Lol. Typical kickstarter.
I agree. I own a couple of G. Loomis flyrods and they are among my favorites.

If the rod us made from a natural material does that mean it will be relatively cheaper? Probably not

So our bamboo, carbon & fiberglass rods are not Eco-friendly...?

Boo-hoo...

Silica (glass) is the sixth most abundant element on Earth and carbon (graphite) comes in at #15.

What a bunch of marketing hooey!!

Are those rods gluten free and and non-GMO too?

just realized how dumb my last post was. regardless, our sport isn't eco friendly at the end of the day. mono, flies, cross contamination, people who leave litter, treatment of environment, stockings, etc, etc....

if the environment was truly the number one priority it would have to be left alone altogether.

DavidFin wrote:
just realized how dumb my last post was. regardless, our sport isn't eco friendly at the end of the day. mono, flies, cross contamination, people who leave litter, treatment of environment, stockings, etc, etc....

if the environment was truly the number one priority it would have to be left alone altogether.

Did you ever consider that anglers contribute billions of dollars each year and spend millions of hours working on conservation projects?

If you read many of the posts on here, you will see that nearly all of us are against discarding "mono, flies, cross contamination, people who leave litter, treatment of environment, stockings, etc, etc...."

Please don't let things be "left alone altogether" or there will be nothing left to preserve.

I believe the stream is half-full..........not half-empty.

Unfortunately the eco-conscience fisherman is outnumbered by the idiots. It's naive to think otherwise.

Bamboozle wrote:
So our bamboo, carbon & fiberglass rods are not Eco-friendly...?

Boo-hoo...

Silica (glass) is the sixth most abundant element on Earth and carbon (graphite) comes in at #15.

What a bunch of marketing hooey!!

Are those rods gluten free and and non-GMO too?

And hypo-allergenic. Sustainably sourced.

They should have marketed it as ultra durable first (since it twists, apparently) and eco-friendly as an after thought.

Back