Echo Rods for 2014

Thread delivers. Give em hell becker.

If I read that one post correctly, Shane was referred to as a 'perfect tool'. +1

FWIW Shane, I can fish more than one body of water.

^ LOL.. Krayfish.. +2

I would give you plus 3 but I only have 19 posts on the board so clearly I don't know anything about fishing.

Hey Echo is coming out w/ glass too. Odd sizes (right gfen!?), but they sound like something worth looking into.

That's what I was thinking.

wow they are adjustable and come in different sizes

crutches-axillary-250x250.jpg

Man, that's the best self portrait I've ever taken, furthermore, I look young, I'm not entirely bloated and my hair is majestic and wonderful.

Anyways, not sure how I'm a "professional Internet troll," mainly for two reasons. One, I don't make money on it. Two, I simply used an illustration to back up your suggestion that there's times when every foot counts.

Anyways, you see those new reels designed specifically for this style of fishing? Probably not comp legal, but they're pretty awesome none the less. Check it out.

23' leader when casting 11' = spin fishing

Why no just become a dirty pinner?

Controversial topic here I see. I just got my new Echo Shadow 2 in the mail and hope to get it on the water in the next couple of weeks. Anyone else fished with one yet?

JackM wrote:
Not made for me either. I agree, some anglers take the "perfect tool" concept a little too far. Ignorance?

Jack - or just another excuse to buy another rod ?

:eek:)

Tim Rajeff knows his stuff. I have one of the fist Echos from about 12 years ago.
I'm also currently reading George Daniels book, Dynamic Nymphing. When tight lining, using as long as a rod as you can get away with makes sense. Anyone looking for a 9' 6 weight?

Any competition is going to lean in the direction of what is legal to use and the most effective. Another skill level is achieved in another direction all together. In this case the idea of using longer rods does not appear to be a skill set rising above coventional but rather an easier and more effective way of catching trout. Tthe longer the rod the more line control. I get that. I have never used a rod longer than nine feet in fresh water and I am okay with that. I enjoy what I'm doing. To each his own. However for me the enjoymentof fly fishing rises above spinning gear as it is more challenging. Challenging. I still shoot a bow instinctively as well. I enjoy the challenge, that is why I shoot bow. Todays archers shoot bows with sights, releases, peeps and still call it archery. I do what I do because I enjoy that. I'm not using silk gut or bamboo but I'm sure there are guys who look down their noses. The long rod thing for short line nymphing was called Dapping, wasn't it? Why not design a rod like the Tenkara rods that telescopes or a rod that has many extensions easily added and carried enabling effective dapping out to say 20 or 25 feet. With the high modulus graphite available it could be achieved without overly weighting the rod. I'm thinking like a 25 ft for 3 wt. Just for the sake of conversation. Why not?

Back