Echo Rod

salmo

salmo

I bought an Echo 10 ft. 3 wt. (4 piece) rod from a member here about 2 years back. I was learning how to nymph fish with it. It also handled a dry fly fairly well. A few weeks back I slipped on coming up the bank of Spring Creek and broke the section second from the top. I contacted Echo for a repair. Since I was not the original purchaser, Echo said they would not offer a repair, even if i was willing to pay for it. I was very disappointed with the response.

It looks like Echo is having the same pandemic-related parts availability issues that are plaguing everything from automotive stuff to refrigerators to new dental work (I'm waiting an extra 3 months to have a new permanent bridge made and delivered). In light of this, they may be giving repair/warranty preference to their known original customers. Things may be so messed up in their supply chain that they couldn't tell you when to expect a finished repair, even if they were to accept your work. So, they may have decided to forego the anxiety and are simply declining the work.

https://echoflyfishing.com/warranty/

It kinda sucks, but I can understand, especially given their price points and margins.

Both my smallmouth rods are Echos. I really like them.

I hope that somehow it works out OK for you...

Maybe next time I stick with Orvis. They fixed my 27 year old rod or Sage who replaced by fly rod at a cost to me of $128 with a model selling for $600+++ at the time.

Sorry to hear about the negative experience with Echo. My customer service experience with Orvis has been very good. I am sure that there is/are other great fly fishing tackle out there, maybe even better deals on the initial purchase price.

It would be hard for me to look some place else given how good Orvis has been to me for many years.

I keep a record of my Orvis account number(they can see how much money I have spent with them) so I can always reference that when I contact their customer service department. No problems/questions they just replace whatever I broke regardless of how I broke it.

I recently posted about how it was my fault that I left fly rods on the bed and the Amish women who clean my townhome sucked up the leader on the vacuum. That was my fault. The have no idea what a fly rod is.

Then there was the time that I leaned a fly rod against the tailgate of my Ford F-150 put it in reverse and backed over my fly rod, which was my fault, etc.

Sorry to hear that your rod got broke.

Did you call them and speak to somebody or did you send an email or message? If it was the Latter I would say call them and speak to someone and tell them that you need a section fixed that’s like a $25 piece.

Considering most of their whole rod and reel combos are less than $200 at least the ones I’ve looked into.

I bought a cheap combo for about $170 that had the line the real the rod a case and a leader. Anyway the real handle broke off and I was prepared to purchase another one but they actually sent me one for free I called and talk to the guy but that was certainly a pre-pandemic situation I guess my point is try to call him and speak to somebody if you have an already. Good luck.

No, I did not actually call. The email was so negative that I decided to buy a used rod on eBay for parts. So, if anyone has a broken Echo II rod and needs a part....... Send me an email.

Back