Echo Glass

G

gibsygoldtop

Does anyone have an Echo Glass rod? I'd like to add a fiberglass rod to the quiver. Seems like a good rod for the price.

Anyone have any experience?

Wondering the same thing. Those blue Halo rods look real nice too, but a bit more pricey.

I really like mine. I have the 3wt and the 5wt for covering different size waters. Great rod and certainly at the lower end of the glass rod price spectrum.

I don't have any experience with Echo blanks but I have a 5wt built on an Epic 580 blank and I don't think I will ever have another rod built on a different blank again.

I picked up the 4wt.

It is a nice little rod and it casts really nice. I haven't really been able to spend a ton of time with it just yet but the first outing and first impressions were good!

I have the 4 weight spey/switch sitting waiting to go out on the water. hoping to get it out this week. Will let you know how it does.

i never picked up the echo glass rod... but i have exchanged all my graphite for glass... i now own the ovis superfine glass rod 7'6 4wt, epic 480, epic 580, fenwick ff858, i am working on a blue halo 7wt(raw with green wraps).

to glass is so much better.. i can fish lighter tippets, feel the fight more, control the fish better.. it will take a beating.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 4
Blue Halo is 25% off right now for fathers day. Just bought myself an 8ft 5wt blank to use along side my Orvis Superfine 7'6 4wt.

cam.. i just finished a 7wt raw.

Attachments

• image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
Hooked,

looks sweet. I ordered the solid jade blank and a lemke LC1 seat with green wood insert and a fenwick style cork grip. Should turn out pretty sweet. Only prob I had on my last 3wt build was when I cut my tag ends I should have burned them with a match. When I did my epoxy finish coats I had some sharp spots from the thread poking up. Did you end up burning the tag ends of the wraps?

cam,

i did not used a razor blade to cut the ends..

camdogrs -

Do you happen to race bikes? Just making a connection from your name and location. If so, we have a lot of mutual friends.

Gibsy,

I do not race bikes. sorry.

Back