East branch codorus/blymire hollow run

D-Rock023

D-Rock023

Anyone know if you can catch fish in these streams this time of year? I'm just looking for something close to home and that is one of the closest options but I've never fished it. Any information would be helpfull. I just don't wan't to waste one of the few days I can get out somewheren with no fish.

Or possibly Muddy creek ffo. Last time I went I didn't catch any though, I think it was too warm. I went from the upper limit down, maybe spooking them?

Yes, there are wild brown trout populations in the County Park's stretch.

I fished The Hollow on Saturday morning right at the old gun range. I didn't have the fly rod just an ultra lite spin rod with a small Panther Martin in gold and I hooked and landed 4 little ones in just over 15 minutes.

When I checked it out last sunday it hardly looked fishable. Pretty low. But I'm not really equiped for small stream fishing, I only have 5wt. might have to check it out a little closer.

D-Rock,
I've caught fish all through the meadow downstream from the Hollow all the way to Red Front up through January. Now that was 10 years ago and I know the restoration through the meadow has undoubtedly changed the water flows. However I always enjoyed it. Regardless though this time of year my first fly rod choice for that area would be the South Branch

Back