Dynamic Nymphing By George Daniel

Code:
Im a big fan of the tippet rings but they are expensive. Anyone know a different source for these besides Feather-craft?

Tippet rings here.

Leo

P.S. - I, too, loved the book especially the detailed leader rigs & flies. A point of warning - GD speaks about how to construct curly-Qs - making them with about 12 turns, yet some of his photos clearly show way more than that. I spoke to him about that at the Somerset show. He acknowledged the mistake (photos & text done at different times) & reiterated the text description. He did offer this tip - take a long dowel & wrap as many turns as it will hold. When needed for fishing, peel off the number of turns desired & save the rest for another time. Good tip as storing premade curly-Qs will result in a tangled mess.

If anyone is interested in hearing George speak about his book, he will be the guest on Ask about fly fishing tomorrow evening:

http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/speakers/george-daniel

Twofly wrote:

Received my copy for Christmas. Great read, packed with tons of information. IMO one of the best flyfishing books to come along in a while.

Im a big fan of the tippet rings but they are expensive. Anyone know a different source for these besides Feather-craft?
They sell them at the TCO Shop in statecollege I think they were $5.00 and change. Just looked at the site trout_stalker has I noticed they are loose in the container the pack at TCO come on a holder that keeps them in place untill you tie on the leader. I'm not saying one is better than the other just now looking into them myself. At TCO you get ten and the holder,at the link above you get 20 for just a few $$ more but then you have shipping. I don't know six in one hand half dozen in the other I guess.

Back