Duryea sand pit?

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

Anyone ever tried this place? It's apparently just off of Coxton Road and has a good population of bass and carp...I'd like to know if anyone knows how I can get access to it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shephrdess/sets/72157600672100069/

the sandpits are off main street in duryea. coxton road you make a right gate opens at 8am and closes at 6pm.

map

so they are open to the public? I know where they are as I'm only 10 minutes away, but access was my main concern.

As far as I can tell yes.

I have never fished it but I think Im going to try this summer. I have loads of family all around that area, most in Moosic area.

From all that I can find on it, its open to fishing. Another option is call the NE regional office and ask.

Well, I got out to fish here this weekend, saw quite a few tailing carp and a few larger bass, but caught mostly panfish in nymphs. On a positive note, I landed my biggest Green sunfish yet there, he was just over 9" and put up a hell of a fight.

Attachments

• greensunfish4.jpg
    greensunfish4.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 7
hey sniperfreak, I grew up in Duryea and went to Holy Rosary School. I think what you are referring to is "the swamps" atleast thats what we called them years ago. There was an old round house back there. If you go down Stephenson st past Holy Rosary and over the Lacky (nice carp there) you will be there. Pretty weird back there. I know we caught some bass and bluegills there as kids. You can also reach them as Sal said off Coxton rd.

Back