Dryft waders.

Kyle- Can I ask how tall you are? The reason being that my G3s lasted maybe 20-25 trips before leaking, as have almost all the waders I have ever bought, and I'm wondering if a persons body type plays into it. I'm not a giant but am 6'3". Almost all my fishing buddies are shorter and all of them are able to keep their waders from leaking, longer than me. I'm wondering if the dynamics of me moving, stretching the fabric and pulling on seams, is causing the leaks. Most of the leaks I've had are in the bootie or on a seam. Obviously, I know why the briar holes leak. I always find it amazing that so many on here get the life out of their waders and boots that they do.
Might very well be the reason. I had the opposite problem with wader sizes. I'm short and the wader legs were too long and the excess material would bunch up and rub together. I always had leaks on the inside seams of my legs. I now buy waders sized "short" and haven't had that problem since. You may want to consider a long size wader. I would go to a fly shop and try them on before buying.

Kyle- Can I ask how tall you are? The reason being that my G3s lasted maybe 20-25 trips before leaking, as have almost all the waders I have ever bought, and I'm wondering if a persons body type plays into it. I'm not a giant but am 6'3". Almost all my fishing buddies are shorter and all of them are able to keep their waders from leaking, longer than me. I'm wondering if the dynamics of me moving, stretching the fabric and pulling on seams, is causing the leaks. Most of the leaks I've had are in the bootie or on a seam. Obviously, I know why the briar holes leak. I always find it amazing that so many on here get the life out of their waders and boots that they do.
i am 5 11' 210 lbs

Might very well be the reason. I had the opposite problem with wader sizes. I'm short and the wader legs were too long and the excess material would bunch up and rub together. I always had leaks on the inside seams of my legs. I now buy waders sized "short" and haven't had that problem since. You may want to consider a long size wader. I would go to a fly shop and try them on before buying.
I only wear "longs" but still have issues. Luckily for the wader makers, Flex-Seal doesn't really work on waders. So I'll continue to buy new ones, in way less than 10 years.

I only wear "longs" but still have issues. Luckily for the wader makers, Flex-Seal doesn't really work on waders. So I'll continue to buy new ones, in way less than 10 years.
You really can't, or shouldn't measure the life of waders in years or months. Think of them more like you a set of tires on your vehicle. Mileage for tires and mileage/usage for waders is really what counts. Just to pick a number, 200 fishing trips averaging 6 hours in your waders may wear them out, but you may fish 20 trips a year for 10 years with the same pair of waders. Plus it depends how much hiking you do in your waders as well as how you take care of them by washing, properly drying and properly storing your waders, etc. No easy answers. I will say the "name brand" waders usually last longer, but are more expensive. It's all a trade-off.

I've been wearing a pair of G3 for 14 seasons I believe. They just won't die but..... do smell like they are dead. I bought a replacement pair 5-6 years ago on closeout and they have never been out of the box. I don't hike for miles but they have seen plenty of abuse. Ill advised river crossings, climbing in and out of the boat 20 times a day, chasing dogs through brush, pushing the boat off the trailer is quite abusive, etc. One small pin hole in the crotch that only leaks an eye dropper worth on random occasions. I might shoot / burn them this spring and hold a memorial for their service 🤣.

Hung up in a cool dark room when not in use which I think has been the reason for longevity

I've been wearing a pair of G3 for 14 seasons I believe. They just won't die but..... do smell like they are dead. I bought a replacement pair 5-6 years ago on closeout and they have never been out of the box. I don't hike for miles but they have seen plenty of abuse. Ill advised river crossings, climbing in and out of the boat 20 times a day, chasing dogs through brush, pushing the boat off the trailer is quite abusive, etc. One small pin hole in the crotch that only leaks an eye dropper worth on random occasions. I might shoot / burn them this spring and hold a memorial for their service 🤣.

Hung up in a cool dark room when not in use which I think has been the reason for longevity
Drying after use and storing mine hanging have made my waders last I have a Sare pair of original guides that are still kicking. That have to be almost 20 years old. I've worn them like yours hard but not hard.

I have a 12 year old pair of orvis silver sonics that I store in this manner and I truly believe this is what has kept them going. They are hammered and stained and smelly too but somehow don't leak a drop. I never leave them wet and balled up.

Reactions: CRB
FWIW. I'm 6'2 210lbs, 40 waist, Sz 12 foot and need to wear XL. They are a bit baggy (which leads to wear in the crotch), but even the Large longs (12-13 bootie) were too tight for me with a full range of movement.
Also, be careful pulling the booties off. I know someone who's feet are shorter compared to width and pulling them on and off prematurely weakened the bootie-fabic seal. Once he was more careful, he didn't have a problem.

Judging from the above posts I guess my method of balling my waders up and leaving them in the hatch of the Jeep isn't exactly the key to longevity. :) Yikes!

i hang mine the same way after i realize they are still sitting in my truck bed lol. the g3s are great. g4s are pricey. but if you need a zipper then by all means.

i hang mine the same way after i realize they are still sitting in my truck bed lol. the g3s are great. g4s are pricey. but if you need a zipper then by all means.

I like to live on the edge and always wonder if I will get them rolled down before I start pizzing myself 😁

if the leak is in the crotch, don't burn them yet. I had an old pair that leaked at the crotch and I cut them off at the legs and now use them as hippers to fish for brookies. They were the older version that had 5 layers on the bottom and they stay up with only an occasional tug up. If they are not staying up you could add straps to keep them up - or if you're feeling sexy.... a heavy garter belt LOL

I bought the Dryft pants about 3 years ago when I got back into FF. I've taken them all over and through different terrain. Probably been out over 100 times in them total and they still have no leaks. I agree with others that the sizing isn't great - they're a bit baggy. At the time I think I only paid like $200 for them. Looking at prices now, I hope they hold up for another season or two.

Back