Drone used to capture flyfishing footage

Unless you make it look like a giant, mutated Hex, I think you get it shot down based on the feedback above... Have fun!

Kray wrote;

I'd suggest filming guys fishings to daytime sulphur hatch between the gentleman's club and the tailout of barking dog. You will be a crowd favorite. Lol

Oh yea! That surely would be a crowd pleaser. I'm surely the dry fly guys (me included) would just love to have a drone hovering over the rising fish and follow the drift of the fly as it floats down river.

It is a federal crime to shoot down aircraft, and this week, the FAA confirmed that that includes drones. This is great news for anyone who has a drone, and for anyone who doesn’t want errant bullets falling from the sky, and it’s bad news for anyone eager to pump a quadcopter full of lead.

yeah,must be tough to get those little chutes to open but would think it should be open season on anyone disturbing one of the big reasons flyfishing is so special--so peaceful out there.

Please leave the toys at home and just fish.

Reading comprehension on this forum is lacking at times lol. for the 100th time my post was not about going and disturbing anglers on busy streams while they are flyfishing. Not even going to explain what i was asking for its pointless lol. When i make a video i will post here and show you what i mean. It will be more about videography of the area with a few shots of either me or my friends or family fishing. a good video is short maybe 1 to 3 minutes long. It has nothing to do with harrassing anglers or landowners.

Don't forget most of guys fly fishing are zen masters and the specific way they enjoy the water is acceptable way.

You might get better video if you operate the drone from a kayak. If you do, though, be sure you don't tether your dog to the yak. He'll disturb the controls much less if you just let him run free on the bank.

In all seriousness, enjoy your time on (and above) the water! I am sure the footage will be very cool and I'll enjoy seeing it.

This whole kerfuffle reminds me of the time my friends got married at Fort Hunter along the Susquehanna river. Beautiful vista. I delayed the wedding procession 5 minutes to let a group of 20 tubers float by. They were enjoying a warm July day in the sun with a cooler of beers. Had no idea of the solemnity on the bluff above them. No harm was done.

One of the watershed groups I am associated with was doing a professional film about the watershed that included filming fly fishermen at a plunge pool below a dam. One of the fly fishermen snagged the drone on his back cat and it went out of control and tumbled into the pool with severe damage. At first I was jealous of the guy picked to do the casting, but after the mess that evolved I'm glad I wasn't.

ah Mcwill we wuz jest funnin you after all the serious replies but suspect you knew that-little slow here this time of year..

I have not used one fishing, but I just want to say I hate you.....I want a Mavic SOOOOO bad. lol

Would love to see the footage you get from it! I almost love camera gear and filming more than fishing.

Thanks I have some great footage already just not any flyfishing. The mavic is as good as advertised i can tell you that. it has a 3 to 4 mile range and and is super fun to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwA2EYY7jQ

here is a short clip from fairhaven NY. Im just learning how to edit video so its not the best but make sure you watch in 1080P

I've thought a lot about cool footage from the stream. My 2 biggest concerns are the tightness of the trees and typically trout are keen to avian predators. I wonder if they would shut down with a drone buzzing over.

Still cool for B footage though.

mcwillja wrote:

here is a short clip from fairhaven NY. Im just learning how to edit video so its not the best but make sure you watch in 1080P

Nice video and thanks for sharing. I've been enjoying some of the fly fishing drone videos shared over the last few years. Please share some more of your videos.

I've been waiting a long time for the right drone and just purchased a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago as well. Been spending some time in the backyard learning to fly it safely and hope to master some better video capture techniques. I'm having a blast with and hope to start taking it out to some different locations. Yes attacked my FAA sticker on it.

Ignore the crap people are saying about drones. I've observed that most drone owners know more about the laws and are more sensitive to drone use than those who don't have one. I spent a lot of time figuring out the regulations and even studied some of the 107.

People can be incredibly annoying with their barking dogs, cars, boom boxes on the beach (wanted to date myself with this one), motorcycles and even their kids. I've been annoyed plenty of times by people on the stream and none of them had a drone.

Now get off my front yard.

Cool I like watching the videos of streams the professionals are producing. I often browse google and bing maps for hours. I would love to have one.

Yup just ignore what people are saying and go out and annoy anybody you want. It's a free country and as such you are allowed to annoy people if you want. There's always room for more annoyance in the world. The world needs something to compete against wedding videos. Drone Fishing videos is a good choice.

dkile wrote:
mcwillja wrote:

Nice video and thanks for sharing. I've been enjoying some of the fly fishing drone videos shared over the last few years. Please share some more of your videos.

I've been waiting a long time for the right drone and just purchased a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago as well. Been spending some time in the backyard learning to fly it safely and hope to master some better video capture techniques. I'm having a blast with and hope to start taking it out to some different locations. Yes attacked my FAA sticker on it.

Ignore the crap people are saying about drones. I've observed that most drone owners know more about the laws and are more sensitive to drone use than those who don't have one. I spent a lot of time figuring out the regulations and even studied some of the 107.

People can be incredibly annoying with their barking dogs, cars, boom boxes on the beach (wanted to date myself with this one), motorcycles and even their kids. I've been annoyed plenty of times by people on the stream and none of them had a drone.

Now get off my front yard.

Below is a video of Dave during his practice session fishing for bass with his new drone . He caught one! (If you know Dave...you know he gets real excited when he actually catches something!!) :lol:

I believe he's looking to adapt this technique and cruise his drone over Penns during Green Drake time at this year's Jam.

Stay tuned!:oops:

"Holy crabapples", " Holy cow" & "I don't know what to do with the rest of my life"?? I surely hope that Dave doesn't use suck abusive and inflammatory language in his future videos.

Was that guy using a tapered or knotted leader? Any sighter mono?

Back