Drilling at Black Forest above Slate Run

M

mikephl

Visited Slate Run yesterday (no one was there) and drove out along Manor Run Rd up to Rt 44. Heading south past Black Forest village, there were a few clearings with lots of tanker trucks parked nearby. Are these MS drilling sites?

Yes, they are drilling back those access roads along 44. I believe that is a tract of private ground in the middle of the Tiadaghton forest. Enjoy the area while you can.

I was at camp for most of October. Water trucks everywhere. My wife came up on the weekends. On one trip up 44 she said she saw a load of Pa State Police, a PSP and FBI helicopter above Haneyville on 44. She said they had dozens of water trucks pulled over. FBI agents with flack jackets on. My neighbor up there who drives a truck says most of the water trucks wouldn't pass inspection. I have no idea what was going on but at least it sounds like somebody gives a sh!t.

Perhaps THIS is the incident my friend was talking about "seeing" on the news , he said there was a TU fellow being interviewed and that there was a fishkill (trout) involved in a drilling incident. I'm sure if there was a fishkill on Slate Run more media coverage would follow. This was yesterday morning that he told me about this and he had seen it on the news Tuesday evening. Anyone hear anything in addition to what my buddy heard?

Turns out the operation was by the PSP and DEP, codenamed FracNET. My neighbor was right, 3 out of 4 trucks cited.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/11/state_police_cite_1000_trucks.html

We came down 44 today and it is scary. From Haneyville down the mountain to Waterville the trucks are flying down that winding road. An accident is inevitable. If anyone is headed up that way, be careful.

I was on Slate a few weeks ago, of the few fish I saw none of them looked very healthy. They all appeared to be dying or diseased much like a salmon on it's last spawning run, with an ugly mottled pale appearance.

I posted about it in my Pine Creek trip thread.

Wow this is depressing, I have such a love affair for that run. It was finally on the rebound and now this junk happens.

I was on Slate a few weeks ago, of the few fish I saw none of them looked very healthy. They all appeared to be dying or diseased much like a salmon on it's last spawning run, with an ugly mottled pale appearance.

Some of that could be "pre" and "post" spawn on those fish. I'm sure if you had sex everyday for a month you would look pale and mottled,

I only wish I could have sex everyday for a month.... oh the joys of being married. LOL.

Back