Driftless Trip

boss_steb

boss_steb

Looking to see if anyone would be interested in teaming up for a trip to the Driftless region near Lacross WI. I have some contacts and know some cheap places to stay.

Last year we went third week of May and I know that is a bad time for most of the Green Drake guys...I would be flexible in trying to pick a date...maybe 5-6 days...I could meet someone there if they wanted to fly in

Miles and Miles of spring creeks with tons of eager fish.

Wisconsin DCNR seems to be doing it right. If you need more information on the area, check out Heart of the Driftless...you can find parts on youtube.

You can PM me if you want...we could get a cabin for a bunch of guys or smaller cabins across the road from Timber Coulee. If you need information on accommodations, Coulee Cabins, good people and close to cheap beer and good food.

Boss

Sorry I won't be able to join you Boss, but I want to point out how great an opportunity this is. I've been privileged to fish for trout where the driftless region overlaps Iowa and Minnesota. I had wonderful fishing in both locations. From what I've heard though, the best fishing in the driftless lies in Wisconsin.

We fished there last year...there were 6 spring creeks with about 50 miles of water within 10 miles of where we stayed. I know the math doesn't work out there but the streams all come together...
Bohemian Valley, Timber Coulee, Spring Coulee, Mormon Creek, coon creek, Roulands Coulee...

West Kickapoo is a bit farther...maybe 15 miles...most streams you can hop across but you better be accurate. Biggest fish went about 18 but tons in the 8-12 inch range

Stay across the road from Timber Coulee...

Just looking for like minded fly fishers and some folks to split gas and room with. We tied flies in the evenings and hit the stream all day...

Just one last word...beware the pink squirrel!

Boss

Boss, if you ever decide to do something like this in late summer/early fall, I'd love to split expenses and make a group trip.

My wife is from Washington PA and we live in Upper St Clair now so not too far from you.

I'd be all on this but I need to set my vacation time in May to coincide with the Spring Jam..

Late summer is a bit tough for me as I work at a College and we are usually just getting things started. But if I could swing it I will definitely let you know.

Jerry

Back