Dream setup

K

kreyfish

Hey all,

I am finally approaching being able to purchase that dream setup, and I've decided to make it a trout outfit.

I've been using a 5-weight G-Loomis and have found that despite being a superb rod, it's just too powerful (especially as I discovered yesterday pursuing/fighting wild trout).

My buddy has a fantastic 6' 2# outfit that is great for feeling the fish, but is a little short and light for me personally. In contrast, I think that my 5# just has too much juice to really get the most out of those 6" wilds.

I'm looking for an outfit to handle Wild trout and stockies ranging from 5"- over 17"; something light/sensitive enough to really feel those small wilds, but something strong enough to handle that monster when he finally comes one day.

Here's my dream outfit after doing a little homework:

Sage 3710-3 TXL with an Abel Super 3N reel and Sage Quiet Double Taper II line (I've been reading/hearing that the rod doesn't cast or turnover as well without the QDT line).

Does this sound to anyone like a good match to what I'm looking for in an outfit? Does anyone have any suggestions for an outfit that can accomplish these goals? Does it exist?

Let me know.

-Kreyfish

Kreyfish the long rod with the soft tip lets you fish those places where you find those 6" wilds easier because you can have more control (keep more line off the water) , be more in touch. A 5 wt. rod ......try a 4 or 3 wt. line .......GET WILD/HAVE FUN

Back