Does anyone make a 100' WF warmwater fly line that doesn't cost over $ 1.00 per foot?

Many Airflo lines and Cortland Trout Boss are 2 I know of off hand that are 100'
Dear bringthepain,

I also found a brand-new WF8 Cortland Trout Boss in my rummage pile. I gotta get organized!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Oddly, if they cast worse past 50' then there is no reason to make them 100' and if the premium lines cast better after 50' they should make them longer.
That's in my hands with my rods - YMMV. Someone who knows how to cast well may do better, or worse.

I ended up cutting my DT 100' Maxcatch line in half and use the 2 50' sections on 2 different reels for smaller streams .

Edit - I cannot speak to the rationale of the manufacturer regarding the length of their lines.

That's in my hands with my rods - YMMV. Someone who knows how to cast well may do better, or worse.

I ended up cutting my DT 100' Maxcatch line in half and use the 2 50' sections on 2 different reels for smaller streams .
Dear kbobb,

That's actually a good idea but one I've never had the nerve to do myself. I just flip the DT line after a couple of years and double its life that way. For most of my stream fishing a 50-foot cast when you add in 10-foot of leader is more than enough.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

That's good to know too. I wonder, do they hold up as long?
For 20 bucks they only need to last 1/5 as long as the industry leading brands.

I have a couple of Maxcatch lines spooled up and I find myself reaching for them more often than I ever expected I would. They fish very well IMO but truthfully, I haven't had them long enoight to speak to their life

Back