Does anyone fish from a Kayak?

Any experience with inflatable kayaks? Its looking like that might be a more logical choice since I have nowhere to store one, and I drive a small car.

You damn guys always getting me to go out and buy stuff!!!!

(i love it, of course)

:-D

jayL,

I just got an inflatable yak. Yes, it stores easily. It's not quite as nimble as the hard sided craft, but it gets the job done. If you want specifics on brand, pm me. I just have a cheepie.

beeber

I just bought my kayak yesterday. I got he Liquid Logic MR10. I havent had it out yet but I really like lay out of the boat. Lots of space for a small guy like me. Im gonna take her out for a maiden voyage tomorrow at Hopewell Lake.

wish me luck

Bob

I've used a friends kayak on the Susquehanna for bass fishing. I liked it to get around on the river. But then I liked to pull the boat up somewhere and get out and fish while standing on my own two feet.

That is, I prefer to do one thing at at time. Boating, to get to a good spot. Then fishing. But not both at the same time. Trying to maneuver the boat and fish at the same time drove me nuts.

Another consideration: I had a very sore lower back after a long day using a kayak. I didn't have that problem canoeing.

Back