Do Your Duty and Fear No One

F

FishTales

My last Straight Talk column. Time to go fishing!

https://www.fishandboat.com/Zone1/Documents/straightTalkDocs/2018-1112nd-straight.pdf

Enjoy your retirement and thank you for your service over the years.

Thank you for your service to the great state of PA.

Ditto. Thank you for everything you have done for fish, fisheries, and fishermen.

You are really going to be difficult to replace. You really did make a positive difference.

thank you for everything you've done for the State....many of us recognize and appreciate it!

Way to go....Enjoy retirement

Mr Arway,

IMO you were the greatest director the PFBC ever had. I appreciate everything you did and even your last action.
I'm glad you stuck to your guns and put a little fear in Harrisburg.
IMO the new director should start off by doing the samething until this thick headed politicians understand what's going on.
Anyways I have much respect for you, even more in the end because of what you did.

Thanks again,
Brian

Thank you for a job well done!

Thank you for being such a zealous supporter of wild trout protection. Your efforts there have created a very solid foundation for the next Executive Director to build on and enhance. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!

Thanks for the hard work!

Enjoy your retirement!

Thanks for all you have done for the fisheries in PA. You will be missed. Happy retirement!

I was reading my daily journal recently and here's what I wrote on Saturday, June 7th, 1980:

"Got up at 7 a.m. and at 8 a.m., Paul (Nale) and I, after picking up Doug (Nale), headed on over to Cabbage/Halter Creek (Roaring Spring, PA). Initially I helped with the jackdam on Cabbage at the confluence. Doug and some others put in a wing deflector and mudsill side by side on Halter. Later I helped Paul and others with a wing deflector just down from the Cabbage Creek fence/meadow. After lunch at Shawnee I mostly helped with the jackdam in the lower meadow which we never got even near finished. Ron Tibbott and John Arway represented the PA Fish Commission. TU members included me, Doug, Paul, my dad (Eugene), Bob Richers, Tom Wolf, Alan Claycomb, Bill King, and Ron Weyant. Jack Eckman and others represented the Mill (Appleton Papers)."

Mr Arway: I thought you might be interested in this as this was right at the beginning of your employment with the PFC.

Thank you for being a friend of the anglers of Pennsylvania.

By the way, I once caught and released a 16" wild brown trout in Frye's Meadow on Cabbage Creek along a "log bank cover" device. Cabbage Creek is known for having the highest natural waterfall on a limestone stream (about 20 feet or so high).

Enjoy your retirement. You made quite an impact on fishing in Pennsylvania. So much so that someday people will probably be asking, "Ralph who?"

- Frank Nale -

Hey Gents, why all the down faces....The Bass in the picture can be replaced. :)

Thank you!

Enjoy your retirement Mr Arway!! you fought the good fight!! we all appreciate your hard work and dedication!! Please don't be a stranger here, we all enjoy hearing your thoughts on things!!

Thanks to all for thoughts, comments and the well wishes. FrankTroutAngler I vividly remember Ron and I following you and Mark up Hammer Creek while you both cast spinners (CP Swings?) for wild trout. You gave a hardware lesson that day! Seems like yesterday.

I hope to cross paths with some of you on the stream or trail one day. I won’t be hard to miss, I’ll be the one smiling ????.

Tight Lines,

FT

Back