Do conservation groups as a whole do more harm than good???

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
FarmerDave wrote:
poopdeck wrote:
I must admit I had no idea there was a riff prompting this question as I did not see the thread that started it all. Or possibly I became tired of the thread and didn't continue reading it. I will bow out of this fight but thanks for listening and thanks for your reasoned responses.

Same here. Didn't see what prompted all this.

Where it started doesn't matter, but where it ends does. Disputes can be argued without getting personal. To quote our President, "there is [fault] on ALL sides.

JackM wrote:
FarmerDave wrote:
poopdeck wrote:
I must admit I had no idea there was a riff prompting this question as I did not see the thread that started it all. Or possibly I became tired of the thread and didn't continue reading it. I will bow out of this fight but thanks for listening and thanks for your reasoned responses.

Same here. Didn't see what prompted all this.

Where it started doesn't matter, but where it ends does. Disputes can be argued without getting personal. To quote our President, "there is [fault] on ALL sides.

I agree. I believe I was civil, but thanks for the lecture anyway. ;-)

I haven't read the thread per the OP but the general question posed throws a large net. (pun intended) At the grass roots and local level I think conservation organizations do a great job and certainly do more good than harm.

What I do see is that some so called conservation organizations on the national level get involved in party politics. Some of these were once very useful organizations that I participated in but since have drifted away into support for policies that negatively affect my interests.

Some national groups have been able to keep their focus and generally stay focused. The Nature Conservancy being an excellent example.

TU is a mixed bag that on a local level does fantastic work but the national agenda has at times drifted into policy positions that I didn't agree with.

i think jack is accusing me of being a trout supremacist?

Here's a suggestion. Go out and fish together. That way you could at least bicker on the stream instead of needing to take it out on each other on an Internet forum. If need be, resolve differences mano a mano (just don't bloody the stream). However, you might actually find you have more in common with each other than you think.

"It's great just to be out". LOL

Hook_Jaw wrote:

"It's great just to be out". LOL

With any luck I'm fishing just below Ingleby tomorrow morning.

Its really low franklin but have at it

Back