Do bugs move?

J

JeffP

Do bugs move in response to low water conditions and exposed stream bed? As low as Penns was last year, I really thought the hatches would be poor. From most accounts, including from Bruce at Penns Creek Angler, the hatches were among the best in years.

Do bugs move in response to low water conditions and exposed stream bed? As low as Penns was last year, I really thought the hatches would be poor. From most accounts, including from Bruce at Penns Creek Angler, the hatches were among the best in years.
Alot of case-maker caddis can’t migrate to the center fast enough and die. Earlier evolutionary models like free swimming caddis can

Those that can, yes. Most can.

Some of the macroinvertebrates are not limited to moving laterally; they can also move vertically, moving deeper into the gravel where there is still moisture and flow, despite an absence of surface flow.

Back