DFCA (Donegal Fish Conservation Association) Spring Show March 21

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

Donegal Fish Conservation Association will be hosting our 50th Anniversary spring show on March 21. We are still looking for vendors for this event so if you are interested please contact me.

the event is open to the public and we will have a raffle and bbq. I will be doing a casting demo and we have tiers demoing woven stoneflies and traditional soft hackles. there will be used equipment for sale and more. we are also working on a presentation on 50 years of the donegal and it will cover the extensive work that took the stream from a farm drainage ditch to a wild brown trout fishery. please come out and support DFCA, we have a lot of plans coming up for the donegal and we would love to see you all there.

the show is 11 a.m. to 3pm

Sorry I could not do the show the last few years. I have given it some thought. Why not have it the Saturday of Supper Bowl Sunday. No one seems to do any events and it seems like a good day. Just a thought.

We're still looking for vendors if anyone is interested (feel free to shoot TimRobinson or myself a PM). Free if you bring your own table, $5 to rent one.

News Release

Donegal Fish and Conservation Association

50th Annual Spring Outdoor Show And Pork BBQ

The Donegal Fish and Conservation Association in cooperation with the Donegal Experiential Education Program will be holding its 50th annual Spring Outdoor Show and pork BBQ on Saturday March 21st, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the new Donegal High School lobby located on 1025 Koser Rd, Mount Joy, PA. Club member, Harvey Schademan, will again be cooking up the BBQ. Advance tickets are being sold for the BBQ, but a limited supply of meals and individual sandwiches will be available at the show.

The show will feature exhibits from area sporting goods stores, fly tiers, rod and tackle makers, kayakers, angling guides, trappers, bowyers, conservation groups and the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. Throughout the show, there will be seminars on fishing for catfish on the Susquehanna River, Kayak Angling, and fly fishing for trout.

All proceeds from the show will go towards continuing restoration work on the Donegal Creek, supporting the club’s cooperative nursery, the annual kid’s fishing derby held later in the spring and two school fly tying clubs.

Any questions concerning the show, or for information on setting up a display, call Kurt Enck at (717) 475-7834, or e-mail: fishmagic2@gmail.com. You can also visit us on the web at donegalfish.com, or on Facebook under the group name Donegal Fish and Conservation Association.

Kurt Enck

Donegal Fish and Conservation Association

Flexin' my mad MS Publisher skilz yet again... :-D

2015%20DFCA%20show%20poster_zps6kfthejw.jpg

50th Anniversary patches will be available at the show. I believe they'll be $5.

50th%20patch_zpsfhdwjbdz.jpg

I'll be there. Any idea what time the woven nymph demo will happen?

May check it out with my son.

That is a sweet patch. Fitting too considering all the good things happening in that watershed, minus the lack of water

when you get there we can show you how. Look for Keystone Fly Guides table.

Rick

Is Donegal Spring no longer on the PFBC list of streams being stocked?

Matt, I believe it is not. It was changed to fingerling stockings and then I think Mike determined the survival was not good enough to continue. But as they were surveying for fingerlings they found an abundance of wild brown trout surpassing Class A qualification. So he is ending stocking altogether there.

Donegal is not on the list to be stocked.

I don't know that I would call it an "abundance" but there are naturally reproducing trout in the system.

Here is a great article recently published about the group. Enjoy!

Looking forward to the show tomorrow.

I will be presenting on my experience fly fishing locally and across the state. RickinPa will be at the stand tying various flies including his signature woven stonefly.

I am also stoked to announce Henry Ramsay of http://www.ramsayflies.com/
will be there as well. For those of you who might be relatively new to the sport Henry literally wrote the book "Matching Major Eastern Hatches" which is a standard and must have publication for Pa dry fly enthusiasts.

The show is free!

Stop out and say hi. We will have BBQ and lots of BS ready for you!

Donegal High School, Mt Joy Pa. 11am - 3pm

Man I can't come now. We started renovating our bathroom yesterday and I'm neck deep in it now. Sorry man. I really wanted to go!

Great time today.

Made many new friends. If you stopped out and supported our group, Thank you!

Man I can't come now. We started renovating our bathroom yesterday and I'm neck deep in it now. Sorry man. I really wanted to go!

Neck deep eh?
:-o

Back