DEP Declares Statewide Drought Watch

Raised garden beds FTW

Actually the flower beds proper aren't the problem, it's if you want to plant or put anything anywhere outside of the beds even if you only need to go a few inches deep.

Even when I want to put in something as skinny as one of those little wire marking flags it literally takes 5-6 attempts to find a place where you can push it into the ground and even then the wire bends...

Well ain’t this some crazy *hit

No wonder I feel a little off.

The depletion of groundwater resources effects some areas with elevation changes. Bedrock areas not so much, but in some silt and sand landforms it is one of the contributors to sea level impacts along coastlines. You can't take a lot that groundwater away without some settlement occurring.

No wonder I feel a little off.

The depletion of groundwater resources effects some areas with elevation changes. Bedrock areas not so much, but in some silt and sand landforms it is one of the contributors to sea level impacts along coastlines. You can't take a lot that groundwater away without some settlement occurring.
Lol tell that to Nicholas Meats (their Karst not pure sand). I joke about this because their SRBC review is coming up for their application next meeting I believe. They are hoping to draw, eventually, 775,000 gallons per day out of the aquifer in the sugar valley above the BFC narrows if I am remembering the numbers correctly.

Its funny though because one of the biggest criticisms was that the private consultants Nicky Meats hired did not adequately consider climate change/droughts in their projections of safe withdrawal.

Lol tell that to Nicholas Meats (their Karst not pure sand). I joke about this because their SRBC review is coming up for their application next meeting I believe. They are hoping to draw, eventually, 775,000 gallons per day out of the aquifer in the sugar valley above the BFC narrows if I am remembering the numbers correctly.

Its funny though because one of the biggest criticisms was that the private consultants Nicky Meats hired did not adequately consider climate change/droughts in their projections of safe withdrawal.
Dear Fish sticks,

I'm cynical enough to wager that the consultants fully and accurately considered climate change/droughts in their projections. Then after deliberation they decided that the paycheck offered was more valuable than science and wrote the conclusion they were paid to write.

It's all about the Benjamins baby! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear Fish sticks,

I'm cynical enough to wager that the consultants fully and accurately considered climate change/droughts in their projections. Then after deliberation they decided that the paycheck offered was more valuable than science and wrote the conclusion they were paid to write.

It's all about the Benjamins baby! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
What’s going on with this anyway? Is it moving forward? Haven’t heard much since the initial furor back in like 2020.

What’s going on with this anyway? Is it moving forward? Haven’t heard much since the initial furor back in like 2020.
Got an email from srbc coming up at next meeting. Still time to write them and tell them you don’t reward illegal withdrawls by issuing a permit that puts wells, homes(sinkhokes), and a coldwater ecosystem at risk.

A note from the West side of the Commonwealth: The USGS site at Rynd Farm on Oil Creek recorded 3.97 inches of precipitation over the last 30 days. That's as good as we can hope for over this time.

Back