David's Review

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to thank David for taking the time to share with us all his review of the Chota wading boots. I think it was well down and a new direction we can add on the site.

Kudos!

Dave

Wow, that blew right past me....I was in the middle of typing a post asking who the author is for the review.

I have to agree, these were my favorite wading boots of all time. But like flies and beer, I just had to keep trying other models or types rather than sticking with what works.

Nice review David

I bought the cheaper chota model in a similar situation. I agree with all points made about the boots, except that I don't have the quicklace. Love the boots.

I thought the review could be published in any magazine on the racks. Not only informative and well-written english, but interesting to read. Great job, David!

I agree with everyone's assessment of David's review. Nice work David! Took me a while to find what everyone was talking about, so here's a link to save everyone else some trouble...

Dave, LOVE the gear review concept on the home page, thanks for that!

Excellent and extremely well written review David, thanks for the contribution!

I have to agree, the Chotas that I had were very comfortable. I believe they were the same model too.

Love/Hate the quick lace, they didn't provide much support and wore out quick but the solution was easy. Replace with regular laces. These pair I had didn't hold up so well as other boots I have owned but maybe quality has improved. They are perfect for day trips where easy hiking is involved, so darn comfortable. More hardcore hiking requires a stiffer, more supportive boot for me.

One other thing I didn't like much about mine was that they got heavy when wet.

Thanks for the feedback guys! It was a lot of fun testing them. I hope I get to fish enough to test multitudes of products.
Thanks to Dave for the opportunity to share what works and what doesn't.
Jaybo...They treat the leather with a water repellent, so I think that helps keep them from getting waterlogged and heavy. Whether or not that last very long remains to be seen.

Just saw that yesterday and thought the same thing...David's biggest con was price...

Those are not the "plus" version, so they don't have the studs...but certainly a good deal for the Chota's.

Back