D strippers

Fredrick

Fredrick

I was fishing the D today and hooked into some small stripers they seemed to like a fast erratic retrieve and a size 2 half&half . Anyone have any D striper info they would like to share ?
RodEbay.jpg

cool, the river is full of them, if you hit one then you'll hit alot more in the same area. stripers will run in schools of the same size till they get over 5lbs. then they become more solitary in the river. half & halfs, clousers and crease flies should all be good now.

Didya catch those strippers on Delaware Ave? ;)

Damn, beat me to it.

Yeah I did catch few there over the years but I wrote it like that on purpose

When the stripes are irratic like that, doesn't that mean it's a hybrid?

ryguyfi wrote:
When the stripes are irratic like that, doesn't that mean it's a hybrid?

As far as I know there is no wipers in the D

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-a-Wiper-Fish?&id=4371190

this article says that my thoughts are right, but that "looks" like a typical striper to me with it's body style.

Ryan,

Hybrid stripers are more common to lakes and reservoirs. The fish in the D are true striped bass that have migrated from the ocean. I believe the stripes can be broken on younger ones, and solidify with age.

I would be interested in D. stripers .
chase them a lot in the surf.
River fisin would be cool.
You boat fishin ?

wet

No boat here :cry:

there might be a few wipers in the big "D" from noxamixon lake. that one is a pure strain delaware striper.

The fish shown is a pure striper. Sometimes they have broken lines on both sides, but more commonly broken lines on one side and unbroken on the other, but neither is extremely common. Fish of the size shown are all over the river from at least Easton downstream through the summer and into mid-Sept. Numbers really decline after that, at least in the non-tidal area. For info. on the adult striper run in spring, see the PFBC Area 6 biologist reports archives.

By the way, you can also find those small stripers in the tidal portions of the tribs in Bucks, Phila, and Delaware Co at this time of the year. No need to go to the non-tidal river or the tidal river, for that matter, to have some fun. .

Mike wrote:
The fish shown is a pure striper. Sometimes they have broken lines on both sides, but more commonly broken lines on one side and unbroken on the other, but neither is extremely common. Fish of the size shown are all over the river from at least Easton downstream through the summer and into mid-Sept. Numbers really decline after that, at least in the non-tidal area. For info. on the adult striper run in spring, see the PFBC Area 6 biologist reports archives.

By the way, you can also find those small stripers in the tidal portions of the tribs in Bucks, Phila, and Delaware Co at this time of the year. No need to go to the non-tidal river or the tidal river, for that matter, to have some fun. .

Yep, guys catching them on the lower Neshaminy.

All white clousers tied kinda thick seem to do the job on those schoolies.

Add a little flash to them also in silver to match the shad and herring juviniles.

Murdich minnow would be great for these schoolies

Incredible fly and no eyes to duck from as you cast it.

Back