Czech nymph

Now that is a nice looking fish! Nice job.

GenCon

Thanks, that's what I thought so I snapped a pic. I'm not much on taking pictures while fishing so I don't do it very often. I realize one trip a great fly does not make, but it seemed like a good start.

Jack thats a pig! nice fish

Thanks a bunch Brian, it does get down quick.

Nice fish! Looks like that nymph is a keeper.

Took a quick jaunt to Spring creek after work today to try a new pattern ( new to me) fished two spots about 15-20 min. each got two and lost one. Size ten.
anodizedbrownnymph_zps762a0e2e.jpg

The bobbin you use for the tungsten thread should be an all metal tube no ceramic inserts cause it probably will get beat up a little.

I like the OP , I tie one in that color with lead underbody. Not a big bead guy.

Tying off the bend!?

Yep, what cha thinking about that?

::sigh:: :)

What? That's it? Come on, you can do better than that Shane. Let's have your opinion on this.

No real opinion. Just busting balls. Lol

if anyone else was interested in the tungsten thread, J. Stockard just added it to their catalog as well...

Cool, thanks for the heads up Snipe.
Come to think of it it has spirit river on the side of the spools that I have.

That amazes me, a big Czech nymph working on spring creek. I would have thought that fly would have been too big. I caught fish on spring on a rainbow Czech nymph, but size was 12-14.

Spirit river is the distributor for the tungsten thread

I liked this one so much thought I'd tie a few more. The smaller ones are a size 12 weighted with tungsten thread to a 7/64's tungsten bead. The ones with the black back I picked John's ( dc410) brain on, thanks for the idea's.

boxofczechs_zpsb8a74424.jpg

Thanks Gene, all of the colors in there came in what is called a mixed bag.The burnt orange color worked so well I figured it would be good to have a go at the rest. I must say this gruby/buggie looking fly really gets their attention. I've fished 3/4's of them and have done well, when one color isn't getting takes I'd change up and start picking up fish. Mind the fact that this has all been winter fishing, I'm really looking forward to when the water warms up a bit & activity gets pumping. :-D

I tie off the bend when fishing a dropper below a dry but prefer to tie through the eye for two nymphs

Back