Curious ( but good) water conditions... feedback please

BruceC2C

BruceC2C

Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
A pleasant surprise, late this afternoon.
I drove by one of my favorite creeks and was plesantly surprised to see how GREAT the level, color & visibility were.

Did not even have a rod in my vehicle.

Had not seen this creek lately,
avoided this location for past 2-3 months
taking for granted the endless extreme high, dirty water...
combined with current snow melt would be a wasted trip.

Insights on what facts possibly combined for this,
as i am totally at a loss.

Anyone else w similar experience recently?

ThankYou

It stopped raining??

BruceC2C wrote:

If you look at the USGS map over on the right, it has finally moved out of black and blue and into more green and this reflects the dropped water levels.

At least in my neck of the woods here in SCPA the snow amounts have been modest, a few inches, and the recent cold has slowed the melt. Many of the streams around here are still on the high side but generally fishable and not much ice.

HopBack wrote:
It stopped raining??

Yes, this. It has been significantly drier as of lately. All creeks and rivers around here are in gorgeous condition. Water not too high, not too clear, not too dirty, but just right. This next wave of rain over the next few days will probably change that, though.

Dave_W wrote:
BruceC2C wrote:

If you look at the USGS map over on the right, it has finally moved out of black and blue and into more green and this reflects the dropped water levels.

Yes, that's when we usually get some more rain within a day or two and usually right before the weekend....

Judging by the USGS map and the associated flow charts, stream conditions are all over the place right now in regards to being fishable. Areas with a lot of snow melt are all high and flowing pretty strong.

Back