Creek Company pontoons for floating rivers

evw659

evw659

Hey everybody,

I'm currently in the market for a personal pontoon type craft, and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with the creek company pontoons, or know anybody that has. They are the cheapest pontoon boat of this type ( I'm looking at the 8' Roanoke) on the market, and I've read mixed reviews as far as how durable they are. I'm primarily gonna be floating small rivers like the little j, and also warm water rivers in the summer. I would love to buy a fishcat scout, or something similar in that price range, but being a poor college student it's simply not in the budget for me. I have to pull the trigger soon, as they are on sale, and I am prepared for a sub-par product, but I would rather have something than nothing and the price of it ($230) is affordable for me. I'm just hoping it's not gonna have a hole in it after 3 or 4 floats that I'll have to fix.

Thanks

carry a tube of contact cement... or even better yet, a spare bladder

I have a water skeeter and have had no problems besides a red squirrel chewing a hole in one of the bags when it was stored.and I had to replace the seat.I got mine out of cablas about 15 years ago for 299.00.I does have a steel frame witch makes it a little heavy but not bad.

Creek Company toons are not the greatest but should serve you for a few seasons before self destruction occurs. Lol. Carry zip ties, duct tape, UV aquaseal and some tear aid tape. An 8' model will be good for the little j and bassin.

I have the Roanoke, its made by classic accessories, not creek company. It fits the budget for me. I use it strictly on lakes at the moment and it gets the job done. As everyone said, i spent the extra money and got a repair kit and spare bladder in the case that something happens. And i also carry most of the stuff Krayfish mentions. The boat has pretty large side pockets, so i have no issue storing that stuff in there. One thing about that boat. BRING ELECTRICAL TAPE THE FIRST TIME YOU USE IT... The oar locks slide around on the oars and once you find your comfort zone for rowing, you can tape the oar locks in place (just a small "bump" of tape to keep it from sliding). Overall, im very happy with that boat

Back