Crane Creek, MO

P

PennypackFlyer

I'm going for a long trip this Saturday to Visit my folks in Springfield MO. I looked up a creek not to far from there I'm going to fly fish....Wish me luck!

If anyone has fished there, let me know of some decent areas to fish. :)

I'm suprised to see this stream on here. I have read a lot about it. It was stocked with Mccloud strain rainbow trout in the late 1800's and the fish have thrived ever since. I have read they can grow to well over 20'' . If you could post some pics and a report that would be pretty cool.

I lived in Springfield, MO for years......It's a great stream!! The rainbows there are amazingly gorgeous! I actually plan on hitting that stream this summer in June/Early July! I will PM you some details of the stream!

If you want to just slay some trout....like kill them horribly for some fun you could also check out Roaring River State Park. Also, for shot at some GIANT brown trout check out below the dam at Lake Taneycomo!

Gents...I ended up at Bennett Springs. Which was about 1/2 hour from my parents house. Had a blast catching stockies. I took some photos of the location and the fishery there, but not of what I caught.

Back