Cortland Brook Series 10'/5wt.

RonB

RonB

I was at a shop today and this rod caught my eye. Just wondering if anyone has one and what your opinons are on this rod before I purchase one.

Ron
Hi I have a Cortland Brrok 10'4",really great rod especially for the price.I purchased mine at Flyfisher's Paradise in State College two years ago,I have Euronymphed with it on Spring Creek as well as used Softhackles and it really gives great control during drifts.As well as fighting fish it also is a great rod at that too. Its a great looking rod and the rod/reel case is very nice perk too its a four piece rod easily transportable and concealable in your vehicle.
I can't believe i only paid 199.00 for it.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Yes, I was very much caught on the price as well.....Think it will most likely be my next rod purchase....I think it will be a great addition for the streams that I fish

Ron
what streams do you fish?

Not sure how it fishes but it is definitely a great looking rod. I've been very close to picking one of these up a number of times, just didn't have the bank at the time.

I fish Penns Creek the most. I fish from Colburn all the way down to Glen Iron. I fish Spring Creek, Yellow Breeches, Clarks Creek and many others in the South Central area.

Ron,
If you nymph alot this rod for the price is probably the best deal for 10' rods. I have the 4 weight and its a great choice , and i will be getting a Cortland Brook 10' 5 weight from same said store later while im up at my cabins for spring turkey. I am a big proponet of 5 weight rods.Lowest ill go now is a 4 weight.Yes i have a two three weights...hardly ever use them at all. I even have a custom made East Branch 1 weight made by Bob Miller author of " Tricos" and fellow Little Lehigh Flyfisher.I have never fished that at all.
IMHO longer rods are the way to go...unless you fish alot of smaller brushy mountain streams.On mid to large streams long is the way to go.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
P.S> also checkc out the Greys Streamflex XF2 they have really nice mid flex actions and a few sizes of 10' and 11" rods.If they had a 11' 5 weight i would have bought it right at the show this past winter.They cost a few bucks more.but Greys is made by Hardy and their service is second to none and a warehouse location in Lancaster is also good for us Keystoners.

Back