Cork Reel Seat Sliding Bands

JoeE

JoeE

I don’t know if any of you guys like a cork reel seat with sliding bands. I took a chance that I would like the Janns Net Craft cork handle and reel seat combo. I have a few projects going on and wanted to keep the rods light and the cork handle reel seat combos would fit the ticket and for 10+ dollars I did not think I could go wrong so I ordered 5. I will have to darken the rings because I like black hardware but that’s not a problem. Just wanted to pass it on because I think for the price they looked good. I'm going to order another 5 just to have on hand.

Joe E.

I have a rod with sliding bands and love it. The only times I notice a difference was when I get into bigger fish and try to play them out some. The reel kind of twists slightly but not enough to affect anything. Besides those few times, it has been just as good as my downlocking reel seats and it is lighter.

Dear Joe,

I have a cork sliding band reel seat on an Orvis One Weight rod. I've never come close to having the reel work loose on it, in fact sometimes it's difficult to remove the reel after a day's fishing. The neat thing is that once I get the reel off the cork just springs back to shape like a reel was never mounted on it.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

JoeE,
Thanks for the thread. I've been thinking about sliding rings for my next rod project and find the replys encouraging.
Coughlin

Back