Coordinates for Special Regulation Trout Waters

UncleShorty

As I prepare for my "expedition" in May/June I'm excited about fishing the Special Reg areas.

For stockies one can go to the DCNR stocking schedule and beginning and ending lats & longs are given.

I cannot find that information for Special Reg areas, just descriptions of starting and ending points.

Is it an ID 10T keyboard error on my computer?

Anybody who can point me to the needed data is entitled to receive Uncle Shorty's Free Advice for life. But you don't HAVE to take advantage of that offer...

Thank you in advance...

The best I think you can do is open your browser to google maps and enter one of the boundaries in the search bar at the top left and hit enter. That will get you there in most cases. In other cases it will get you to the mouth of the creek.

Go to interactive county maps on the PFBC site, choose spec reg, click refresh, find your stream (the blue makers), click and choose zoom to lower limit. The lat. and long. will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. As you move your mouse it will change.

I tried what you suggested and still no luck. There is a place on the map that says Lat/long of mouse pointer, but it is blank and stays blank.

What am I doing wrong?

http://fbweb.pa.gov/stocking/TroutStockingDetails_GIS.aspx

my shows blank too

If you have a smart phone, there's an easy solution.

Check out the ads for the sponsors on the right side of this page. The PA Fishing Guide app gives you this ability at your fingertips.

Yeah, it's a $25 app, but it pays for itself in gas savings pretty quickly.

Wow! It WAS an ID 10T on the keyboard error.

I see now that many of the FFO stretches are listed as stocked. For some reason I had assumed, (and you know what they say about that...), that those waters weren't stocked.

Thanks and anytime you need advise on brain surgery, rocket science or whipping water to foam with a 6x tippet and a 5 wt rod just ask...

salvelinus wrote:
Go to interactive county maps on the PFBC site, choose spec reg, click refresh, find your stream (the blue makers), click and choose zoom to lower limit. The lat. and long. will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. As you move your mouse it will change.
PFBC Maps don't work well at all, I spent over an hour yesterday trying to bring up the special regs areas on the interactive map page it doesn't work. You can't even change the selectable search criteria.

If you're able to locate the boundaries on Google Maps, a bridge or other point described in the regs, point your cursor at the boundary and right click. A dialog box will open, one item in the list will be "what's this?" Click on that and you'll see the lat/long.

Back