Controllers needed: Team USA NE Regional April 24th-26th

SBecker

SBecker

This year Team USA will be bringing back the North East Regional to State College streams. They are looking for 24 controllers and 4 sector judges. This is a chance for you to watch and help some great anglers. Currently world team members Lance Egan, Pat Weiss, and Russ Miller will be in attendance. If this type of angling is of intrest to you this is a great free way to pick up a few things. for information on the event please take a look here.

If you think you would want to help please shoot me a pm and I will get you in touch with the organizer.

Lunches are provided.

Thanks!

I am not familiar with competition fishing. What are Controllers?

Hi DEP,

Controllers are basically judges for a certain section of water they are assigned to. Their job is to make sure the competitors are following the rules, they measure the fish quickly, and write the information down.

The entire field is set and can be found on the original link. A few other Team USA membersince are signed up. Still could use a few more controllers. Thank you to those have reached out to me to help!

Looking at the three streams on the schedule, is there any plan (meaning requirements, not good faith processes) in place to control the spread of aquatic hitchikers?

I'm going to assume they'll use a chemical spray when moving out of Spring to the other creeks. I was just wondering.

Do you have a deadline for volunteers?

A virkon spray will be used. minimum 20 min contact time. So basically end of day on Spring anglers will be required to have their waders sprayed down and they can just let it on their waders until the following day. It will not harm the waders.

There are 2 sessions on Spring. So one full day will be spent there. No jumping from Spring to Penns In a single day.

No deadline Brookie.

Back