contemplating getting slotted beads and jig hooks

"In the round" was the term I was looking for. Flies like that are a wooly bugger, walts worm, green weenie, and frenchie correct. I just cam familiar with this term a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Glad people are enjoying our jig hook. I was over in Korea for the last week discussing our hooks. We will be doing a thicker wire in our jig hook, introducing some competition hooks, and some heavier wire scud/carp hooks. All in all about another 20 hooks.

Another topic was the sizes and our growing production for stock to prevent outages. We will now be going down to 24's soon on a few styles. It's harder to make a smaller hook for quality and I've done them before in China and would rather not sell them as we are taking our hook side of the business serious to provide quality with a good value.

If anyone is interested in the styles we are introducing. I'd be happy to discuss on email info@allenflyfishing.com

Thank you,

Justin

mike_richardson wrote:
Are most of these patterns tied where the fly is the same 360 degrees around.

yes a lot of these flies are tied in the round. 360 around the hook

3R7600.jpg

yellow1.jpg

mike_richardson wrote:
I only ask because if not, wouldn't you have to put your wingcase on the opposite side of the hook?

yes you would have to tie it inverted

Prince%20jig%20nymph-resized-600.jpg

brown_jiggy_stone.jpg

Great examples on how to tie "In the round" Allen is currently out of the slotted beads. Might have to order them on an upcoming Hareline order then.

Worth a try I guess. I always like trying new techniques. I often fish with a heavy anchor fly and can see the real benefit to having the hook ride up like that. Thanks for the helpful insigh.

Back