Conservation groups gather to protect Moshannon Creek watershed

silverfox

silverfox

Native Fish Coalition spent 2 days this past weekend conducting water sample collection, water chemistry testing, and benthic macroinvertebrate surveys on Moshannon Creek and its tributaries.

http://www.theprogressnews.com/news/local/conservation-groups-gather-to-protect-moshannon-creek-watershed/article_e3d23664-646d-5597-a4a1-9992123a53e0.html

It would seem beneficial to also list the other partners, perhaps none more important than the rebirth of the Moshannon Creek Watershed Association. Other partners listed below from the article.

"The state Department of Environmental Protection, the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, the Clearfield County Conservation District, the Susquehanna River Basin Commission and the Native Fish Coalition were also involved in the effort."

lycoflyfisher wrote:
It would seem beneficial to also list the other partners, perhaps none more important than the rebirth of the Moshannon Creek Watershed Association. Other partners listed below from the article.

"The state Department of Environmental Protection, the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, the Clearfield County Conservation District, the Susquehanna River Basin Commission and the Native Fish Coalition were also involved in the effort."

I certainly didn't mean to short those agencies. We're extremely grateful for their help and support. The flow meter we used was on loan from SRBC for example. We were invited to help document the conditions on Bear Run by MCWA.

To be clear, the reporter reached out to me about our role, and the Bear Run project really was an NFC task. Our work corresponded with a larger sampling effort by MCWA with support from OSM, DEP, CCCD, and SRBC.

I was also trying to not repeat the entire article here in my post and since I'm with Native Fish Coalition, I put that spin on it. Thanks for noticing the other organizations involved. It's a great project overall and I'm personally very invested in Moshannon Creek's future.

I bet the RedMo would be one sweet trout stream if it weren't for the AMD. I've thru hiked the Allegheny Front Trail a few times and there is some beautiful trout water in there.

Back