Conodoguinet creek

Dear Swattie,

The Schuylkill River has native brook trout in it. I don't know exactly where my friends were fishing on Mill Creek. It is plausible that brookies from the Skook may move up Mill Creek when the opportunity is provided.

They caught them last year, that much I know for sure!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Yeah, there’s def Brookies up there in places, and in the main stem Skuke for sure. Mill was one place I was expecting to find them too, but didn’t.

Yeah, there’s def Brookies up there in places, and in the main stem Skuke for sure. Mill was one place I was expecting to find them too, but didn’t.
There is another mill in the skook with brookies too

Not to hijack this thread, but hit the Connie this weekend in hopes of smallmouth. Saw a bunch of fish, but the plastic hatch of kayakers and tubers made it less enjoyable. However, I did see a couple of muskies and not small ones. They wanted nothing to do with my fly, but not surprising given the number of people on the water and how tough they are to catch in general. Curious if anyone's targeted them and had much success on the fly? It made me want to go back with the 10 wt and big flies in the fall.

Not to hijack this thread, but hit the Connie this weekend in hopes of smallmouth. Saw a bunch of fish, but the plastic hatch of kayakers and tubers made it less enjoyable. However, I did see a couple of muskies and not small ones. They wanted nothing to do with my fly, but not surprising given the number of people on the water and how tough they are to catch in general. Curious if anyone's targeted them and had much success on the fly? It made me want to go back with the 10 wt and big flies in the fall.

You fishing near Willow Mill? We were down there over a month ago and saw a few musky swimming around.

Steve

Muskies are common in Connie and I have targeted them for a long time. They are easy to see in the summer but, as you noticed, usually have lockjaw in low clear water on sunny days (which is true for river muskies throughout PA as this is when we see 'em).

I have mentioned before that the muskies I see/catch in Connie are typically purebreds even though the state only stocks tigers. Hmm. . .

Muskies are common in Connie and I have targeted them for a long time. They are easy to see in the summer but, as you noticed, usually have lockjaw in low clear water on sunny days (which is true for river muskies throughout PA as this is when we see 'em).

I have mentioned before that the muskies I see/catch in Connie are typically purebreds even though the state only stocks tigers. Hmm. . .
You ever try em at night in the connie Dave? I have heard they can be active at night in hot conditions.

You fishing near Willow Mill? We were down there over a month ago and saw a few musky swimming around.

Steve
I was upstream of that closer to Carlisle.

Back