Congtatulations Mike!!

O

outsider

On your retirement. You served us well, and will be hard to replace. Now go catch some fish!

Wow....congratulations, Mike!!

And many thanks to you for your many years of service to all PA anglers.

Also thanks from PAFF for all your contributions made over the years to everyone on the board.

I don't want to make this sound like a good-bye, so welcome aboard as a civilian on here, and wishing you many great days on the streams and rivers in the future.

Edit:

Found this >https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/pfbcs-mike-kaufmann-announces-retirement

After a 42-year career with the Pennsylvania Fish Boat Commission, Mike Kaufmann, area fisheries manager of the southeast region, announced his retirement Thursday, effective Feb. 22.

Kaufmann's career spanned the establishment of Blue Marsh Lake and continued through the recent introduction of the Keystone Trophy Trout Program on area streams. It is Kaufmann who determined the region's fish habitat improvement plans, stocking numbers, dates and locations and directed introductions of various fish species in waters through the region. He was the voice of the PFBC with local fishing and conservation organizations and met the challenges of fish die-offs, diseases and water quality emergencies.

What does the future hold for Kaufmann?

"I expect to enjoy doing things that I haven't been able to enjoy in a long time, like fishing," he said.

Mike, congrats on your retirement! Also, thanks for everything you've contributed here on the forums. I hope you do plenty of fishing, and I also hope you share your experiences with us!

Congrats Mike!

Welcome to the ranks of the "Where did the time go" club!

Congratulations, Mike and well earned. Now, get out there and enjoy the fisheries that you helped make better through all your hard work.

All The Best..

Congratulations Mike! Thanks for your years of service to the PFBC and anglers.

Congrats, Mike! Enjoy the extra fishing days ahead.

42 years!
Well, we knew this day was coming. :)

Congrats Mike. You've heard it here before but it's worth repeating: Thanks for your hard work for our fisheries and for your many updates and professional knowledge that you've shared with us.

Thank you Mike, very much!

Congrats. Enjoy the fishing tight lines.

Congratulations Mike. I always enjoyed your added insight to members questions and responses. As a retired member of the Fish Commission, I hope you’ll continue to provide clarification to those of us seeking information about the activity we enjoy.

Congratulations, Mike! We owe you many thanks!

Congratulations Mike on your retirement. May I offer an invitation to fish one of the watersheds you have contributed so much in the way of protection and enhancement through regulatory consideration. I would be happy to show you your work.

One of my fondest memories of your contributions here on PAflyfish is this...” a fishing rod is a poor sampling tool for wild trout populations”. Now that a zinger coming from a guy with a battery pack on his back. But it’s all we got so....

Anyway, the offer stands. Balls in your court.

Congrats! That's quite a career. GG

Mike,
Take some of those bike/fish trips before you lose your mojo.
See you on the water, Chris

Congratulations. Fly fishing and tying will be even more satisfying in retirement.

Congrats, Mike. You were -- and hopefully will continue to be -- a keystone of expert knowledge on this site. I wish you the very best and hope to meet you on stream at some point. :) - Schrec

Back