Conditions: spring creek

sipe

sipe

Hoping to fish Spring creek tmrw above and below the paradise. Is this stream likely to be blown out tmrw? I'm not familiar with how Spring responds to rain events. Many thanks!

Check the USGS gauges... Your best source of info following rain events.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=01546500

Just go! Throw some meat if the water is high and off color.

A quick check on the usgs showed that spring creek spiked up and ran off already. It should be in fine shape today. Screw the meat.

Yeah, just leveling out now, so clearing quickly with a decent amount of water flowing.

Should be PERFECT conditions for that stream, I love when it's a bit high with a touch of color, but far from "blown out".

High with a touch of color on a trout stream typically isn't a bad thing!

Spring Creek will be a little above the median today and should be fishable.

We had a great day on spring creek. Water was high and a bit milky but definitely fishable. We struggled though. Just 2 weekends ago I did very well there. Not sure what I was doing wrong but we still had a blast on a truly beautiful stream. I love the fact that there is just so much fishable water on spring. We started in the cottage section then fished above the paradise in afternoon. Only a few other guys out in the upper section.

wgmiller wrote:
High with a touch of color on a trout stream typically isn't a bad thing!
I actually prefer a bit high with some color on any stream. I get my bigger fish with these conditions.

Back