coming back home....

K

kozman4907

Hey I used to be hot and heavy flyfishing nut! My life spun around two seasons archery and flyfishing. But in my youth things were much easyer...lol

ok family has grown some and daughter love to fish and I picked up my old flyrods and the fire has relit! Now I am teaching two young ones.

Anywhere that is kid friendly to teach little ones? I am on the east side of the state near the delaware river.

I would suggest you find a pond where they can easily cast and catch lots of fish. Let them do this a few times until everyone feels comfortable. I live in the middle of the state so I can't help you out with a location. If you lived around here I could help in that aspect.

csoult has the right idea, IMO.

A great place to take kids that should be easy to get to for you is Lake Minsi. There's plenty of open areas to cast, and it's loaded with a wide range of fish species (including trout).

thanks heritage were is that Lake Minsi? I am in Bucks Co and never herad of it?

thanks Koz

Here ya go...

http://fishandboat.com/water/lakes/minsi/00minsi.htm

It's a really nice, well maintained facility. Great place to take kids - I remember my Dad taking me there as a kid in the Jurassic time period. :cool:

Catching fish makes an outing more fun for kids, and there's panfish galore in that lake.

Enjoy!

Back