Cold weather/water gear

I am with you Fredrick.
Anybody who has spent a great deal of time wade[wader] fishing in high to mid 30s water knows its the FEET-FEET-FEET and no one can tell you differently.Since some of the very best fishing in Montana was in January and Feb. I had the clothes down to the best possible for the job and allow mobility but the feet would bring tears to your eyes.Get out and walk around and back at it.

JackM wrote:
I just found a good price on military specification ECW thermal underwear. It is heavy weight 100% polypropylene.

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/ecws-polypro-underwear.htm

My set is due in today. I'll let you know how I like them. I'm planning on Steelheading once or twice through the winter and wanted to give the polypro thing a try.

Well, the size on the ones I got for me were too small, but they fit Gino well, so I am sending his set back to get a larger size for me. Though they were tight on me, I tried them on and think they will work famously. The inside nap was fleece-like and outside was smooth and shiny. These are not thin like "underarmour." I think a wool pant or one made of synthetic material over these and then into a pair of breathable waders will be all that's needed down into the teens, though I ain't breakin' no ice this year.

Back