cold weather gloves

Do a search on this site, there was extensive discussion about the subject of poison ivy.

I went through about ten different pairs of gloves before I found what works for me. I use fingerless fleece fold-over mittens. They can be wet just like wool and they will stay dry. I found them on clearance at an Eddie Bauer outlet.

Is that kid here yet Greg?????

He needs to come soon, so we can get back to fishing lol.

If it is super cold out not much is going to keep your fingers from being cold eventually.

I just put my hands down the front of my waders, its warmer there.:roll: and let the fly hang in the current.. :roll:

living in MI and fishing all winter, i tried them all and found the fleece fingerless worked best. i use these:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-windproof-fingerless-gloves?p=34630-0-155

I'd keep an oversize pair of snowboarding mittens on my casting hand, from LL bean, and kept my reel hand in a pocket with a hand warmer in it.

FF and freezing temps just doesn't mix - its almost impossible to keep your hands dry even if your doing everything you can to not strip line, once you get the first fish, forget about warm hands the rest of the outing.

i'd go as long as you can without even using gloves, as you get used to the cold, but as you get older its tough to ignore.

Back