Clouser Line

1stfly

I have a gift cert. to use and thought about getting one of RIO's Clouser lines for my 8wt outfit. I'd probably get the 9wt line to slow down the action of my rod.

Does anyone have any comments about the line? Also what's the difference between the coldwater and the tropical saltwater versions? I'll typically be fishing the Susquehanna in the spring and fall, which would be neither "Tropical" nor "Coldwater".

Thanks

Rio Clouser is the best line I have ever used with my 8wt rod for river SM. I helpss cast big and/or heavy flies well both long and short.

I didn't know Clouser allowed Rio to use his name , haven't been to Royalton in awhile , but i can say this , if his name is on it , it has to be good stuff , i know where i'm gonna spend my change stash now.

I have one in the tropical version for flats fishing - nice line. Be careful overlining your rod - I think they're a little on the heavy side already to help turn over weighted flies.

Clouser Coldwater is the temperate line... tropical uses a harder core so it doesn't melt in the heat.

What Spyder said about overlining! The Clouser line is (I believe) one-half weight heavier than the number. I've been using this line on a DanCraft FT 6 wt. rod (very fast action) and it works great! I've been throwing 1/0 decievers and size 2 poppers with it a l-o-n-g way with no effort. It really makes the rod come alive.

Go for it- it's a terrific flyline. I know I'll use it again.

John

Back