Clear shade creek central city pa.

S

somersetian

Does anyone know why you cannot drive up the road that runs along the creek anymore? I went there this morning and turned up the dirt road right after the bridge on 160, but the road was gated off and now says closed to motorized vehicles. I have only fished here once before but im certain we were allowed to drive up the road and park anywhere we saw fit. I dont know of any other way to get to the FFO section. It would be a 2 1/2 mile hike if you walked in. Any info or directions would be nice.

May be an easier walk in from the top. Try Crumb Rd for access.

thanks for the info

crumb road does give you decent access, but it can become a bad road after a rain event. The road is mostly dirt on the steep sections of the road(a motor grader had widened the road and removed most of the gravel), so it quickly turns to mud when it gets rained on. on the steepest section, there was a good 2-3 inches of straight mud. my entire car was covered by the time i made it to the top. Havent gone back since. that stream would be a great fishery if the whole stream wasnt stocked and hordes of anglers didnt clean it out.(wild fish included) I'm sure it's good way up in the wild area, but haven't made it up there yet.

thanks for the heads up.

I spent many years in my younger days hurtling down clear, dark and shade creeks, stoney fork and paint crrek in my kayak during high water periods. I always wanted to take the time to go back and fish clear shade when waters were at fishable levels, but never did. Definitely beautiful country.

Back