Clarion River

LongWader wrote:
I would further add that the nice trout that readily take dry flies in Toby's creek which is a trib of the Clarion don't exist.

Would that be Toby Creek with its mouth near the town of Clarion, or Little Toby Creek, further upriver, several miles below Ridgway?

And why did they name two Clarion River tribs Toby Creek? Just to confuse people?

All the fish on Toby Creek and Little Toby are under 5", hence unethical. ;)

any truth to the rumor that they are removing the cement dam at bendigo state park ?

I've heard that as well, not sure if its valid or not.

I was told several years ago - by a local fisherman - that the dam at bendigo state park was removed. Haven't been there myself though

Looking at Google earth, it appears to be gone.

dryflyguy wrote:
I was told several years ago - by a local fisherman - that the dam at bendigo state park was removed. Haven't been there myself though

Its gone.

double00 wrote:
dryflyguy wrote:

Its gone.

How did things turn out, from a trout habitat perspective?

great ! now maybe some of those big browns can make it further up the river.... anybody ever fish that area near bendigo st park ? i`ve been there many times never saw another fisherman or even a fish rising ?

They dam is gone and it has not seemed to change much but it is nice that fish are not stuck below that dam like they used to be.
I fish that area often near bendigo and its not bad you have to work for your trout and they usually are not working on the surface.

Habitat wise not much was done other than remove the dam there is some decent holding water there now but thats about it.

I wish the papermill could get rid of their dam its the only thing that prevents an easy trip upstream for the fish. There is a fish ladder there but I am not sure how well it works now.

jrcll wrote:
great ! now maybe some of those big browns can make it further up the river.... anybody ever fish that area near bendigo st park ? i`ve been there many times never saw another fisherman or even a fish rising ?

Jim -
I fished there a couple times years ago. Found a few fish midging in the pool created by the dam. But they were all small fish. Never tried up or down from there

are there any access points on the trophy trout area for wading fisherman? ive heard that it gets a little rough with access spots, i would like to go up next tuesday or wednesday any info is appreciated fellas

How's the fishing around Cook Forest State Park?

Back