Chuck Furimsky Interview of International Fly Tyers Symposium - PaFlyFish.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuckandbrowntrout.jpg
Profile Overview: Chuck is an avid fly fisherman and fly tier. He is the sole director of the International Fly Tyers Symposium. He designs flies for Raineys Flies, and had developed a tying material made from leather called Bugskin.

Questions

1 - Dave: Please tell me how and when you got started into fly-fishing.
Chuck: I started in Fly Fishing seriously when I attended college, Penn State, and took the George Harvey fly fishing course in the physical education dept. It was the first Credited course offered at any University and it changed my life.

2 - Dave: Tell me what inspired you to create the International Fly Tying Symposium and The Fly Fishing Show.
Chuck: A fly fishing club of volunteers had a fly fishing show in Southfield, Michigan, that I attended. It was such a long drive I thought I could start one where I owned two retail stores at Seven Springs Mt. Resort. That was my first event that started it all for me. Now, after twenty years later, I’ve done many shows, none near by, so I’m traveling even further today.

YorkFlyGuy
Another well executed interview Dave. It sounds like Chuck had a bit of a sense of humor. You continue to provide some good connections to local influences on our sport with your interviews.

THANK YOU! :-D

Last edited:
YorkFlyGuy
Another well executed interview Dave. It sounds like Chuck had a bit of a sense of humor. You continue to provide some good connections to local influences on our sport with your interviews.

Last edited:
YorkFlyGuy

Last edited:
Acristickid
Nice job on the video. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrandonMH
Nicely done. Looked like fun, was away for most of last weekend.

Last edited:
wgmiller
Excellent work Skybay! You have a knack for editing video and making logical sense of all the footage. I like the music tracks that you picked out as well. Great work!

Already looking forward to next year... :)

Last edited:
Biggie
Two thumbs up Skybay. Very nice video.

Last edited:
sholgate
Very nice editing. It made me jealous of not being there. Great sound tracks too.

Last edited:
bikerfish
great work skybay!! always a pleasure viewing your work! great pics on the music as well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back