Chest lumbar pack combo

H

Hilltop

Wanted to see if anyone has used the fishpond blue river pack. It says it can be used as a lumbar or chest pack. I like the idea, but just wondering if it does both well or if it's a compromise and it would be better to just get a separate chest pack.

I have a water dance an used it similarly. This looks like it would be way better on the chest than the big Water dance I have. I might look into this. As a trade off I'm currently using a sling I don't much care for.

I've had that pack for a number of years. While it can be used as either a chest or lumbar pack, I think due to it's shape, on the chest is something of a compromise. But then, I don't like anything blocking my line of sight to my feet when wading.
It's a great small pack.

I have a water dance an used it similarly. This looks like it would be way better on the chest than the big Water dance I have. I might look into this. As a trade off I'm currently using a sling I don't much care for.
Thanks for the responses,
What don't you care for about the sling? I was considering one, but after trying a couple different brands on just at the store I'm not sure I'd like having that strap around my shoulder/neck area all day, so I'm hesitant to even pull the trigger and try one.

Back