Chambersburg Rod and Gun club stocking fish with snails in the falling spring

I was at the falling springs today and I heard from another fisherman that they dumped 6 buckets right below the delayed harvest and a few further down. But fish obviously move, so id assume there's going to be plenty of fish right where the two creeks meet. There is a sizeable waterfall that the fish would have to be stupid enough to swim down to get to the jig, but sometimes they dump fish in the pocket water below the falls. I wasn't there for the stocking so i don't know but i'd assume that even if they don't stock the conococheague this year, at least a couple fish will end up down there.
oh I mean’t up by Caledonia on the Jig in the DCNR state park but yea id imagine they will be down there too. I don’t know if there are already snails down there or not. If FS has em id imagine their there where it dumps into Jig but not sure.

I was at the falling springs today and I heard from another fisherman that they dumped 6 buckets right below the delayed harvest and a few further down. But fish obviously move, so id assume there's going to be plenty of fish right where the two creeks meet. There is a sizeable waterfall that the fish would have to be stupid enough to swim down to get to the jig, but sometimes they dump fish in the pocket water below the falls. I wasn't there for the stocking so i don't know but i'd assume that even if they don't stock the conococheague this year, at least a couple fish will end up down there.
oh I mean’t up by Caledonia on the Jig in the DCNR state park but yea id imagine they will be down there too. I don’t know if there are already snails down there or not. If FS has em id imagine their there where it dumps into Jig but not sure.
I don’t think the rod and gun is stocking there this year. State stocked it a few days ago. I’ve fished enough in the jig that I can tell the difference between a rod and gun club trout and a state trout and I haven’t caught any fish from the rod and gun club this year other than in the falling springs

I don’t think the rod and gun is stocking there this year. State stocked it a few days ago. I’ve fished enough in the jig that I can tell the difference between a rod and gun club trout and a state trout and I haven’t caught any fish from the rod and gun club this year other than in the falling springs
You could just ask the rod and gun club where they stocked or what they had to do to follow the PFBC RA plan......

You are saying you can identify fish from one hatchery system and not another one but we just had a debate about ID'ing a wild brown in another thread.......so I am gonna seriously doubt your skills on this one. A wild brownie is infinitely easier to identify than what hatchery a stockie came from.....

You could just ask the rod and gun club where they stocked or what they had to do to follow the PFBC RA plan......

You are saying you can identify fish from one hatchery system and not another one but we just had a debate about ID'ing a wild brown in another thread.......so I am gonna seriously doubt your skills on this one. A wild brownie is infinitely easier to identify than what hatchery a stockie came from.....
I get what you are saying here, I do.

I'm just starting to wonder if this young man, I'm assuming he is a young man, has annoyed you greatly.

We all care for the fisheries, I least I get that you both do, in different ways.

Season with salt but try not to break the reed or smolder the flame. Just saying.

I get what you are saying here, I do.

I'm just starting to wonder if this young man, I'm assuming he is a young man, has annoyed you greatly.

We all care for the fisheries, I least I get that you both do, in different ways.

Season with salt but try not to break the reed or smolder the flame. Just saying.
No, I have been annoyed by nothing about this or him. I actually really like his eagerness to learn and take part in conversations....... But that doesn't mean you shouldn't attempt to teach people things in the process. And that would be the best way to find out about what the rod & gun club is doing is ask.

Rod and gun club fish usually are oddly shaped smaller and uglier. Kinda hard to explain and not 100% accurate obviously but they look different. I’ll ask them where they have stocked. If I’m annoying just tell me to shut up I don’t care I just was concerned about where they were stocking their trout

Back