Chambers Lake

PSUFishMenace

PSUFishMenace

Anybody know if there is an easy way to access the upper half of the lake along the north shore without a boat? Only way I can find is to hike about a mile on a trail, which might not be fun in wading boots (but I will do that if there is no better option).

Normally I'd just check it out myself but I won't have a ton of time when I go. Feel free to send a pm if you wish. Not necessarily looking for a secret spot, just access.

TIA

Dear PSUfishmenace,

I'm not familar with Chambers Lake but I'm going to make a general suggestion that you consider picking up a float tube, life vest, and a set of fins.

A complete set up can be had for $ 100.00 - 150.00 and once you have one the whole lake will be open to you provided there is some sort of public access area.

I spent 3 days float tubing ponds in New Hampshire over Memorial Day weekend. It had been a few years since I did much float tube fishing, I sort of forgot how much fun it was!

If you go this route you won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I still do most of my fishing in small streams, so I don't think I will get a tube now, but I will consider it in the future if i really get hooked on this warmwater stuff.

I hit the lake this morning and did find easy access. I also found a decent amount of bass but no signs of pickerel. Did not realize the upper part of the lake is closed right now. bass saved the day.

Back