Cedar Creek in Allentown

IIRC, a lot of those old threads were from Salvelinusfontinalis, and he was uber-passionate about wild trout streams, human interaction, and a host of other issues relating to wild trout waters. I'm not saying he was wrong, but sometimes the wild trout folk (which I'm one of) can get somewhat "Chicken Little" at times. Nature always seems to find a way to return to a state of homeostasis.

I'm not quite picking up what you are laying down here.

Lots of spot burning threads from that time frame because of one post "Salvelinusfontinalis" made.

If I'm understanding the situation more correctly and even from my memory of fishing that stretch before, there was a guy that was stocking and feeding fish in a class A section of stream, the section was in a public park, hung signs like he owned the place and then would harass people if the legally tried to keep fish during the appropriate times.

I'm not so sure it Salvelinusfontinalis was being chicken little here, instead it appears it was others making a big deal about that post he made.

I've fished this stream 5 or so times since that madness in those threads. It always fished the same with little pressure. I'm glad those giant fish are out of the class A section and browns are redistributing in that section. Homeostasis was only achieved after that parks department put an end to Allen's stocking.

That particular area has decent habitat too.

sometimes the wild trout folk (which I'm one of) can get somewhat "Chicken Little" at times
Ya think???

Additionally, I feel sorry for those people who just want to wade into or sit in Cedar Ck’s shallows with their children to cool off on hot days, especially if they are not the specific individuals causing litter problems or blasting music.

Last edited:
Ya think???

Additionally, I feel sorry for those people who just want to wade into or sit in Cedar Ck’s shallows with their children to cool off on hot days, especially if they are not the specific individuals causing litter problems or blasting music.
Growing up in media, my mom would take me and my brother to Ridley creek during summer days and let us and the dogs stomp around the creek! I loved looking for crayfish and tiny little minnows, I contribute that to my love of fishing now. Doing the same thing 15 years later…. Playing in the creek!

Growing up in media, my mom would take me and my brother to Ridley creek during summer days and let us and the dogs stomp around the creek! I loved looking for crayfish and tiny little minnows, I contribute that to my love of fishing now. Doing the same thing 15 years later…. Playing in the creek!
What the Water Rat said to the Mole: “Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing–absolutely nothing–half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”

Just replace the word "boats" with "cricks."

Back